Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Braking Smoke Effects

Very often while landing in spot view, the smoking effect from the tires/brakes continues all the way to stop. Is there a way to control this, or turn it off?Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Not normal, but is it possible you have moisture on the surface? Might as well provide type aircraft too.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am referring to the MD-11...sorry. (I wish the forum was organized by aircraft.)This occurs with "clear skies" weather at a variety of airports.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

I don't have this problem with the MD-11, it's not normal.I don't know of any way to turn off tyre smoke either sorry.Jay V

Since the smoke is acutally an animation controlled by FSX rather than the aircraft sim, my guess would be you have installed something that changed the effect. Just a guess. How about other aircraft? Do any others do this or only the MD11?

Dan Downs KCRP

Since the smoke is acutally an animation controlled by FSX rather than the aircraft sim, my guess would be you have installed something that changed the effect. Just a guess. How about other aircraft? Do any others do this or only the MD11?
I have the same problem and limited only to the FSX PMDG MD-11. All other FSX aircrafts are okincluding PMDG 747X. Tires are smoking any time they are moving on ground. Even on taxiing at low speed.Any clue on this would be welcome. Thanks.Gerhard Dresch

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit

I have the same problem and limited only to the FSX PMDG MD-11. All other FSX aircrafts are okincluding PMDG 747X. Tires are smoking any time they are moving on ground. Even on taxiing at low speed.Any clue on this would be welcome. Thanks.Gerhard Dresch
shame on me....My "smoke" was not aircraft related and also no smoke but snow. it obviously is a standard FSX effect in winter season even if no snow is on ground. it can be reduced with FlusiFix and is not available at allon several payware sceneries like London, Madrid, Paris CDG, Brussels. Gerhard Dresch

Gerhard Dresch

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming7 | Intel Core i7-4790k@ 4.4GHz | 16GB GSkill RipjawsX DDR3-2133 | Lian Li B25F | Xigmatek Aegir | Palit GTX 980Ti | Crucial MX300  | Tagan PipeRock 800W | Eizo Foris FS2333 | W7 Pro 64bit