Sign in to follow this  

Problem with Anti-Aliaising

Since I've got my new computer back in November, I thought I would try anti-aliaising with my GeForce4 Ti4200, as I saw numerous shots that were so sharp with AA enabled, and since my old TNT2 could't handle it.Yes, graphics are much sharper with AA, but each time I mouve the mouse, the sim stop refreshing, and start back only when I stop the mouse movement.Also, when I open the top menu bar, I get 4 screens, like the displayed image is showed 4 times. I know it's the was AA 2x is rendered, but I shouldn't be able to see that :).It seems pretty odd, and I've got the same problem with 3 differents Detonators : 40.72 WHQL, 41.09 and the 43.49. I haven't tested the 29.82 that everybody seems to enjoy yet... 3D Marks 2001SE run perfectly with AA enabled, that's why I can't understand the problem.My system is an AMD Athlon 2000 on an Asus A7V333, BIOS 1016 with 4 in 1 4.45 installed, and an AOpen GeForce4 Ti4200 128Mb, no o/c.I've got the problem with both Win2000 and WinXP.Is anyone had or have the same problem than me ?Oh yeah, also, I can't run FS at 1600x1200x32, the resolutions choice stop before that. I think it's a limitation of the FS engine, but I'm not sure...http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=AP1&a=a.jpgEtienne BouchardWeb AdministratorAircraft ModelVirtual

Guest RONVKING

Hi Etienne,Have you checked that your drivers are up to date. Sometimes that can be a problem.Rgds Ron

Guest kilo_sierra17

I would go Nvidia and get the 43.45 drivers, they really made a big difference for me, also what version of Direct X are you using?