Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Any Point In These Upgrades

I now haveAsus A8V deluxe AGP S939 moboAMD 64 4000+2 Gb PC3200 RAMNVIDIA 7950GT 512M DDR3Win XP HomeWhat do you think these upgrades could giveReplace CPU with Opteron 185. It's a dual core maybe this woyld make a significant improvement in FSX which I have installed with UTX GEX?Replace the videocard with a ATI 3850 the most powerful AGP videocard available.Upgrading Win XP to Vista. Maybe the better Vista memory management can help performence? And with a 3850 I would get access to DX10.I might point out that my mobo seems allergical against OC. Trying that and it seems I shoulkd expect trouble.

IMO don't waste the money. Even a budget new build will bring you to the next generation of performance.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Agreed with Jason, I just wouldn't spend money on the S939 rig unless you really like it. I mean, I still have my S939 box and I use it for approach charts, ASX, etc.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

IMO don't waste the money. Even a budget new build will bring you to the next generation of performance.Jason
I'm prone to agree. I asked about opteron 185 since I saw it for sale on tradera (eBay) and thought if I can get it cheap. Well that's not going to happen. I'm surprised about how high bid obsolete hardware gets.But what kind of budget new build could get me next generation performence?