Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Carrier Landings

Guest ront1

Hi Guys, from time to time I see some of your doing carrier landings and take offs. Can you tell me where to find these carriers? Do you install them or are they already there? I don't know anything about them but would like to learn.Thanks, Ron

Guest Captain Barfbag

Search the file library for "arrestor cables", a package by Richard Hogan. It's a utility to install arrestor cables on the carriers. It also has a catapult utility for the carriers. There is a lot of readme stuff that tells you where the flattops are, too. You will need FSUIPC to connect it to FS2002, so get that too if you don't have it.Keep trying those landings. They aren't easy, but when your tailhook catches the wires you can almost feel the G's...

Guest ront1

Thanks Captain Barfbag, I will look for this.Ron

Guest outtatimeiii

Theres 3 that I know right offhand thats included in FS2002 or lower.1) There is one in San Francisco Bay somewhere, I rarely go to this one so I really dont know where it really is. I usually just fly around till I find it.2) There is one near Kahului, Hawaii (PHOG). Just load up Kahului rwy 20 and keep that heading. Its a short 10 or so mile flight there, just past the small island.3) There is one in Pearl Harbor. It is very close to Honolulu, just circle around a few times and you wont miss it. You can also see the USS Arizona memorial there too.Thats all that I know that dont require any addons. I think theres some more out there, i'll find them eventually :).

... and there's one in the Juan de Fuca Strait NW of Seattle, between Victoria (CYYJ) and Port Angeles, Washington.Cheers, Holger