Sign in to follow this  
buzzbee

Practice #9

Up and over including a wildcardELLX - EGQKEGQK - BIKFBIKF - BIPA (short hop to get the Wild card in limits)BIPA - CYRT - 1700nm Wild Card - No Time Limit Any Aircraft powered by propsCYRT -CYVTCYVT - CYLWCYLW - KBFIThese are longer legs. Feel free to shorten them as needed.

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I have the baton: ELLX - EGQK in the ** P51D.
Baton free at: EGQK. Duenna good, but look at the baton time: 22 seconds to spare! :(

Mike Beckwith

I have the baton EGQK-BIKF in P51HThis is going to be close, nasty headwinds all the way.

Harv.png?dl=1

Baton free at: EGQK. Duenna good, but look at the baton time: 22 seconds to spare! :(
Well, actually it's the time between the posts that gives the time of the leg, so you were really 8 minutes over the time limit

Baton back at EGQK.I have no idea what happened. Plane became uncontrollable and was not responding to commands. Autopilot wasn't fuctioning and then out of nowhere it overstressed. Gonna have to investigate this, not what you want happening in the middle of the real thing.

Harv.png?dl=1

Guest Gary Buska

I have the baton at EGQK will attempt in my new P-38 Lighting

Good luck Gary , may the winds be with you . though i suspect they will not :( If it`s Mr Copleys fine P-38 L then I am sure you will enjoy ;) remember to have an alternative airport if you dont think you will crack 2 hours ;) . It is good practice to divert rather than face the huge penalties for exceeding 2 hours :) Have fun

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Guest Gary Buska

Baton is free at BIKF I had to use a B737-600 Not enough fuel for the P-38 Oh ,loved the northern lights I saw

Guest Gary Buska
Good luck Gary , may the winds be with you . though i suspect they will not :( If it`s Mr Copleys fine P-38 L then I am sure you will enjoy ;) remember to have an alternative airport if you dont think you will crack 2 hours ;) . It is good practice to divert rather than face the huge penalties for exceeding 2 hours :) Have fun
I did not know you could land anyplace but the destination airport I had to use my Southwest B737-700 Shamu But I see I did not make the 2 hour time limit I used FL115 or 11,500 feet which is better for speed high or low I cranked this thing up to 320 IAS just below over speed. Is there going to be a max altitude for these legs or is it up to each pilot.

I did not know you could land anyplace but the destination airport I had to use my Southwest B737-700 Shamu But I see I did not make the 2 hour time limit I used FL115 or 11,500 feet which is better for speed high or low I cranked this thing up to 320 IAS just below over speed. Is there going to be a max altitude for these legs or is it up to each pilot.
Hi Gary , You can land anywhere you like :) providing you use the correct aircraft type for the leg , you do not exceed 700 miles , and try not to exceed 2hrs ;) As the Baton holder , you have the final say on where you land :) Is all good practise and you flew a good leg . During the race there will be many colleagues online to assist the Baton Pilot , ie routes , aircraft, weather etc but at this time is just a bit of Practise . Nice work :)

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

There is no altitude limit, you can fly at whatever altitude you like :(A few years ago there was a limit of 8500' (IIRC) for flights started in the eastern hemisphere, but that was just a special rule for that year. There will probably not be such an altitude restriction again, since it slowed the race down a lot. We were racing 24 hours a day from Sunday to Saturday, which was a lot of hard work for everyone. It could be interesting with an altitude limit in a smaller area, say through some mountainous region.

I have the Baton BIKF-BIPA in P38-L on Buzz FS Host and Teamspeak

Jock Hartvig Andersen,

EKCH, EKAT