Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Md11 Or Queen Of The Skies For Fs9

hi, i have been flying the pmdg 737ng for a while and was thinking of purchasing a new aircraft, but dont know which one the md11 or the queen. so im asking for some advice on which one to get for fs9 i would appreciate any advice from anyone who flies both of those aircraft. thanks in advance jim

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Hi, both are high quality aircrafts, you can't say one is better than the other. You will get used to the 747 very fast as there are many similarities to the 737. The MD-11 is a completly different aircraft with different cockpit systems. If you want to explore a new cockpit philosophy, get the MD-11. Jan-Paul

Also what matters is if you prefer realistic liveries and connections or do not care about that at all.Int the first case the Queen would be a much better choice since it is a much more popular aircraft. There are a lot of airlines flying 747-400 on all continents.MD-11 is not very popular at airports, especially in the pax version (in Europe, for example, only KLM and Finnair fly them, in North America - none!).However if you don't pay attention to this aspect of simulation and just want a top end product or you're a cargo pilot (here we get many more MD-11s flying around), you have a problem since both addons seem great (I don't have the MD-11 yet, but I'm sure). MD-11 is newer, so I would expect some new techniques implemented. And hopefully better memory management (helping avoid OOMs that like to spoil my 747 fun).Chosing between two very good products is never easy.I will be buying the MD-11 to fly Lufthansa Cargo to different destinations (I like Frankfurt, the airline and its flexible route network).What I like more - I'll see and report later. And finally: no-one can answer your question strictly, as the FS9 version of MD-11 is not out yet. :( Best regards,Rafal