Sign in to follow this  
Guest adlion944

My opinion of the Lago F-16

Guest Ian Ritchie

'I have noticed a few problems myself. The AGM-65 Mavericks are almost as long as the AIM-9M Sidewinders, and the fins on them are to thin. The ventral fins under the fusealage are a bit out of shape. The nose is to short, and it should droop more. The tail is to thin, to tall, and not long enough. Lastly military aircraft don't have all reflective parts, they don't want that as to alert other enemy pilots by sun glare off of the plane, bad news as you could have a AA-11 Archer coming up your tail pipe any second. The VC as said before could be better. On a scale from 0-10 I rate it as a 6.5 or 7. Only if you REALLY like F-16's should I reccommend it, there are alot of great freeware ones out there that have better models in my opinion.'That is incredibly bloody picky!The beta testers asked for a rework of the model and didn't seem to have much trouble with it. Amongst other stupid picky things that only an F-16 lover would notice.Ian Ritchie (see the manual)

Guest adlion944

That forward angle isn't too bad, I agree. Not great, but I've seen worse.But when you spin your head around and look in any other direction, the cockpit graphics lose their realism very quickly and become blocky and polygonish. Not so with the B-25 or the CS 727.How realistic would Quake be if a room only looked real from one angle?

This thread just goes to show that you can't please everyone.I own the Lago F-16 and I am enjoying the heck out of it. My biggest complaint is the autopilot and the glowing orb at the rear. The aircraft otherwise is nice to fly and pretty easy to land following a few simple steps.... Refueling is a bit difficult, but I imagine it would be in real life. The Tornado and the F-16 are great compliments to each other. If you like heavy metal these are the way to go. But opinions are like a__h_____, everyone has one....It sucks that certain individuals feel duped when they buy a product and it doesn't live up to their high standards. With FS2002 I am willing to except that there are some things you can and cannot do. The F-16 pushes the envelope on those things, and Lago does a great job and trying their best to make it work.....

Guest adlion944

Agreed.It's just like this... I'm extremely picky about food. A restaurant like Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill is delicious for some people. I can't stand the food at either, so I guess I'm pickier than others. Not that I'm better or they're better, I just carry the "picky" gene in me.My mother once told me that being too picky isn't a good trait. It makes it very hard to make yourself happy. :-(

Guest FPSFREAK

Some people would call it anally retentive, OC, yada yada yada LOL J/K. There is a difference between picky and expecting somethingmore than something really is.Bobby

Guest adlion944

That is some rig you have there. But where are your rudder pedals?I hate being picky, but I don't expect too much. If I love DreamFleet, the B-25 and the CS 727 then there are companies that can do good stuff. If I hated everything, that would be another thing. I'm not forgiving for payware. Even the Falcon 50 freeware was much better than the Lago F-16. This goes back to my whole living up to the competition argument. Lago didn't get the right people for the project. They needed pickier people to handle the project who have higher standards. That's when you achieve DreamFleet levels of greatness.The Lago F-16 is officially hangar'd for me. It's a shame.There's always LOMAC this August.

Guest FPSFREAK

Don't tell me, No rudder pedals makes me a wannabe simmer?.( figured you were getting picky again :))I don't run pedals mainly due to the fact I have run out of room in, under and around my computer desk. I have 3 machines under my desk. A dual monitor setup now that I have the new machine front speakers w control pod, Router, Cable Modem the list goes on. Pedals and yoke are probably more realistic but I tend to favor fighter jets. That and my wife would probably shoot me if I tried to put one more piece of hardware on this desk.LOL It's a shame you've put your F-16 in the hanger so to speak over such trivial issues as those you have stated. I think it's more of a shame that you spent the money on it to put it in the hanger for those reasons. You sound like a hard one to please.LOL. Remind me to keep you out of the loop when I release my first freeware project.LOLBobby

Guest SlimDady

Yea when you bring up the CS 727 I totally agree thats the best VC for flightsim in my opinion, but the f-16 is still pretty decent

> Don't tell me, No rudder pedals makes me a wannabe >simmer?.( figured you were getting picky again :))I don't >run pedals mainly due to the fact I have run out of room in, >under and around my computer desk. I have 3 machines under >my desk. A dual monitor setup now that I have the new >machine front speakers w control pod, Router, Cable Modem >the list goes on. Pedals and yoke are probably more >realistic but I tend to favor fighter jets. That and my wife >would probably shoot me if I tried to put one more piece of >hardware on this desk.LOL >> It's a shame you've put your F-16 in the hanger so to >speak over such trivial issues as those you have stated. I >think it's more of a shame that you spent the money on it to >put it in the hanger for those reasons. You sound like a >hard one to please.LOL. Remind me to keep you out of the >loop when I release my first freeware project.LOL >>Bobby LOL Agreed!!Adlion, I find it HILARIOUS that you don't like the visual model of the LAGO F-16 but you do like the DF 737. Did I miss something here...or have you never seen a real 737?? LOL The DF 737 is HARDLY accurate visual model wise...but the panel is great!! ;)Personally, I LOVE the LAGO F-16. It is proably the only payware package that I fly on a regular basis, the only one I don't get bored with. But that is just me :)To each his own my friend :) :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest adlion944

I'm glad I'm hilarious, but I haven't been clear enough...I don't like the DreamFleet 737 external model, just the panel, air file and sound set. I never really thought the model was great, even for FS2000. I fly the DreamFleet panel with a GMAX Ariane 737-300 which is very good.Hope you had a good laugh :-)

>I'm glad I'm hilarious, but I haven't been clear enough... >>I don't like the DreamFleet 737 external model, just the >panel, air file and sound set. I never really thought the >model was great, even for FS2000. I fly the DreamFleet >panel with a GMAX Ariane 737-300 which is very good. >>Hope you had a good laugh :-) :)How are the GMAX Ariane 737's?? I am seriously thinking about getting one!!!Pros/Cons???You sound anal retentive like me, lol.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

It's a nice aircraft to fly but one only has to look at how unreadable the gauges are from the virtual cockpit to notice it has flaws. No matter how close you zoom in it still looks bad but the 2d panel makes up for it I guess, but since it is so bad, I won't even use the VC which is a shame because I really like flying with the VC. The exterior textures are not top rate either which oddly gives it very good frames rates. Best Wishes, Randy J. Smith[h5]San Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD XP 2100 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG |WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

As with any company there are some people out there who for some reason want to hurt Lago.This was posted on many sites and I believe on Usenet too, same person (or very similar reading) posted something else "bad, don't buy" nothing more...

Guest adlion944

Yes, even though Ariane is run by a very sneaky person, their 737-300 is very well done. I bought the United version and love flying it with the DreamFleet panel.Best GMAX 737 Classic around.

Guest adlion944

I hope you're not referring to me. I posted this same review on Flightsim.com too because some people don't frequent both forums. I haven't posted on the Usenet.And I was very fair. If you're talking about me, read my review. I stated in the review that I love Lago scenery. I love the GeoRender stuff. I forgot to mention that Honolulu is great, too.Their aircraft modeling needs to take a big step up, that's all.I don't want to hurt Lago if that's what you mean. I like them very much. I just want to see them achieve DreamFleet or Captain Sim levels of greatness in aircraft modelling.Dave