Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

FS2002 Benchmark

Guest cw1011

50!!!!I'd be happy with a consistent 18 to 20 at a detailed airport with decent ai!Have fun with your new machine. Jealous in Portland

I dunno, but I hope it's not here. Looking at all those "mine's bigger than yours" screenshots wouldn't exactly be what I'd call exciting. Kind of like watching paint dry.Trip

Guest PaulL01

...And since having ATC on is required by the benchmark it renders any comparisons moot

Guest FPSFREAK

>...And since having ATC on is required by the benchmark it >renders any comparisons moot Why is that Paul?. Honestly don't know so that's why I am asking. Also only published the one SS so those that didn't know what it looked like would see it before DL'ing. I didn't think mine was that Obnoxious Trip_.My question actually was as the above. "Where are we to post them" question. Thanks!Bobby

Hi,Does anybody can give me a Link to download these Benchmark.Many thanksStefan (EDDM)sorry, I've found already at Avsim.comB.R.Stefan

Perhaps because many people have altered the default AI flights and thus may get incorrect results? That's my guess. If so, install the default traffic.bgl file for the test and then go back to the edited one when done.-- Tom GibsonCalifornia Classic Propliners: http://www.calclassic.com/Cal Classic Alco Page: http://www.calclassic.com/alco/Freeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.com/ San Diego Model RR Museum: http://www.sdmodelrailroadm.com/Drop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

>Perhaps because many people have altered the default AI >flights and thus may get incorrect results? That's my >guess. If so, install the default traffic.bgl file for the >test and then go back to the edited one when done. Default test also requires us to turn off all water effects -- not quite sure why this is required , maybe because some vid cards can't produce these effects.But , still - I believe that this programme is a very useful addon which can be used for a variety of reasons other than the "mine is bigger than yours" one :)In fact, for people who have Pentium4/3000 with Geforce 4 cards etc, it is hardly worthwhile running the test. Their framerates are higher than what is needed for smooth flight anyway. It is people like me with a less fancy machine who get FRs which are just a little too low for real smooth flight who can use it to get those extra few Frames that make all the difference. If I could achieve 20 everywhere , I would be completely happy!! :)Barry

I didn't think it was obnoxious either Bobby :-) . I'm just not all that fond of comparative framerates in any form. They usually (almost always) lead to invalid conclusions as they are usually (almost always) based on data obtained from usually (almost always) unreliable sources. The ATC situation (uncontrolled variable) to which Paul refers is a good example of why I'm usually (almost always) skeptical. Trip

Guest SoarPics

"I didn't think it was obnoxious either Bobby . I'm just not all that fond of comparative framerates in any form. They usually (almost always) lead to invalid conclusions as they are usually (almost always) based on data obtained from usually (almost always) unreliable sources. The ATC situation (uncontrolled variable) to which Paul refers is a good example of why I'm usually (almost always) skeptical. Trip"Yep. And another question here... what are the FS2002.cfg settings? Are they the same for every benchmark? Must I change out that file too, in order to acheive a valid test?Sorry, but my framerate counter isn't important enough to me do do all the hoop jumping. I'm just gonna fly the sim. Works just fine for me.

Guest FPSFREAK

Guys, Points well taken. I know that anything over 18-22 FPS is going to give you smooth graphics and enjoyable flying conditions. I'm just one of those that has to see how fast, or how far....An ex drag racer has to fuel the need somehow LOL...Oh well, was just curious..Bobby

Guest PaulL01

>An ex drag racer has to fuel the need somehow >LOL...Oh well, was just curious.. >>>Bobby What ya use to run Bobby, Rats, Elephants? Blown, Injected?ex Streeter.

Guest FPSFREAK

Paul, First car was a 72 Nova SS w 427 BB Chevy, M-22, 4.56 12 Bolt. Ran a best of 11.19 at 119 Mph w a 1.62 60 Foot time. My beast was a 90 Mustang GT. 406 Small block, 4.56 9 Inch, C6 Auto. NA ran a best of 10.12 @ 137 Mph w a 1.38 60 Foot. On a 150 Shot of N2O ran a best of 9.58 @ 146 Mph. All this on a 10.5 inch tire :)Ahh those were the days !!Bobby

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Couple notes about Maurizio's program: After you hit "P", count slowly to 30. The Maurizio's option setting function doesn't start immediately. You may conclude the bench mark program isn't going to run.Also set your FS Options, Settings, Display Hardware, Target Frame Rate to Unlimited. The first time through, I had mine set to 20 so Maurizio's program, not surprisingly, showed my max was 20! My results look good but I still encounter areas where my frame rates go to 5 FPS typically on final. This is not reflected in the test results. LarryMy system (Assembled myself from parts):Asus P4PE 2.4 GHz Intel P4 with SSE2, 1.0 GB PC2700 DDR memory,Lead Tek GeForce4 NV25 Ti4600 128 MB Direct X 8.1 Display drivers 40.72 9/27/2002 Driving two analog monitors in 1280x1024 32 bit mode 75 Hz Refresh (in NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti4600 Properties RadioButton "Allow apps to control anti-aliasing mode" is selected. And Texture Anisotropic Setting = 4X Mipmap detail level is blank. PCI Texture Memory Size is 127 MB. Custom Cirect3D settings is blank) FS Genesis LOD10 38 M scenery installed Riva Tuner Options:Mipmap LOD -0.3Depth Buffering: Enable 24 bit Z Buff Also Enable W bufferLMA: Enable lossless Z buffer compressionBlitting Settings: None checkedV Sync: Always Off Prerender limit: 1Textures: DX8 : Enable 16/32 RGB Enable 12/32 bump map Enable 32 bit bump normal map Enable 8 bit palettized Enable FOURCC DXt1...DXT5 textures (Last three FOURCC options not checked) Degree of Anisotropy: Force level 4Compatibility: Engle table fog emulation: CheckedAntialiasing: Enable Anialiasing : Checked Antialiasing method: none (three last check boxes not checked)

Guest FPSFREAK

I just downloaded ind installed Maurizio Losso's latest benchmark for FS2K2. I followed his directions to the T and am quite happy w the results. I ran a "certified"test and I am curious how or were to post these test results. Perhaps a thread could be started for this purpose. I think that now that the Bench's can be certified for proof of settings a useful database can be built up. Let me know what you guys think or if you have run the bench yet. Just for giggles this is what my new machine ran at stock clock settingswith all sliders set to the benchmark specs.1280X1024X32All sliders except water detail and visibilty maxxed. ATC on scattered clouds 6X AA, 16X AF and Trilinear filtering.If it's hard to read it did an average of 46.3 FPS - 100.2 Max. I'm Happy. Just wish I could hit that magic 50 mark. Oh well time to turn clock speeds up a tad LOLBobby