Sign in to follow this  
Guest draky

Pmdg 747-400's Air Speed Indicator Problems

Guest draky

I have just purchased this fantastic a/c but for some strange reason the Air Speed Indicator (ASI) does not show any speed at all either in the air or on the ground when taxiing. I have yet to find the pitot heat switch but this can't be the problem as I get same result (i.e. no AIS indication) when in high temperatures. I do not have any 'failures' active and am running FSX on Vista 32bit op sys.I have searched the forums but can't find any help with this so far. Any ideas.help much appreciated - thank you.Oh and the EIS panels are all showing as operating normally - I just have the ASI at zero speed all the time?David EIN-070 Air Lingus Virtual Pilot

Check you have current version: v2.10.0040It fixed a bug in the IAS that stuck at 30 kts for Vista users. Your problem description sounds different, so I don't think version is an issue.I assume your reference to ASI is the indicated airspeed indicator tape on the left side of the PFD. Do you get a groundspeed or IAS readout on the ND? Make sure you have display IAS in the MSFS options and not TAS, although I don't think this is the problem either.If nothing else, give us a screen shot during taxi and let us have a look.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest draky
Check you have current version: v2.10.0040It fixed a bug in the IAS that stuck at 30 kts for Vista users. Your problem description sounds different, so I don't think version is an issue.I assume your reference to ASI is the indicated airspeed indicator tape on the left side of the PFD. Do you get a groundspeed or IAS readout on the ND? Make sure you have display IAS in the MSFS options and not TAS, although I don't think this is the problem either.If nothing else, give us a screen shot during taxi and let us have a look.
Hey Dan, many thanks mate for the speedy reply and the fix - I upgraded to the latest version and the ASI is now working fine, it was just the ribon btw - great customer support! makes a big difference in my book - well done. I just bought the MD-11 and FS2 Crew for both! hehehe season's greetings too.Love the dog pic btw.

Glad that was it, lucky guess. By the way, this forum is moderated by PMDG but most the feedback you get here is from enthusiasts just like you. I'm not affliated with PMDG except as a volunteer beta tester, I'm just another customer.Thanks for the comment on the picture of my friend and companion. She is a 12 yr old Golden Retriever named Goodness Gracious Grace. She was my daughter's puppy and now they are both grown. My daughter, Caitlyn, is home for the holidays from Texas A&M and Grace is the focus of this holiday. She has an advanced liver cancer we were not expecting her to be with us for the holiday but she is doing alright and continuing to give us much joy. Anyone who loves a dog knows the emotions that we are going through over this.

Dan Downs KCRP