Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cdnry

Graphics Card?

Guest Cdnry

Hi,I have a new computer that the guy in the store told me would be great for running FSX on but it only works well with the graphics pretty much as low as I can put them. I don't know a whole lot about computers so i'm not sure if he sold me something that can't really handle this or I just need a graphics card or something. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. I have a Hewlett Packard, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz. 1.87 GB Memory but it says there is 1918 MB RAM. 32 bit operating system and the current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430. Thanks again for any suggestions you have.

Guest ThrottleUp
Hi,I have a new computer that the guy in the store told me would be great for running FSX on but it only works well with the graphics pretty much as low as I can put them.......the current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430.
:( Whoever told you this needs to be sent to Siberia to collect moss during the winter. If memory serves me right this card was released in 2004 and is *not* what I would call "right" for FSX! Unfortunately yes you will have to run FSX with low settings on that card. Can you return the computer? I dont know a lot about Nvidia cards but Im guessing you need at least an 8-series or 9-series card and the best from that company would be an overclocked GTX260 or GTX280 (expensive). As far as ATI is concerned I would suggest the HD4850 and if your budget can accomodate it get the HD4870 1GB (a 512MB is also out there). However this depends on your PSU these cards tend to need a fair bit of power. Im sure a simmer who knows more will post some suggestions.

Hi,I have a new computer that the guy in the store told me would be great for running FSX on but it only works well with the graphics pretty much as low as I can put them. I don't know a whole lot about computers so i'm not sure if he sold me something that can't really handle this or I just need a graphics card or something. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. I have a Hewlett Packard, AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30 GHz. 1.87 GB Memory but it says there is 1918 MB RAM. 32 bit operating system and the current graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE nForce 430. Thanks again for any suggestions you have.
What O/S came with the system? (Windows XP or Vista)You most likely have 2 gig of system memory.I would have to disagree with what that guy told you. Decent article here ... see the charts --> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia...iew,1800-4.htmlIf you don't have a lot of money many FSX users say the nVidia 8800GT does a pretty good job or say an nVidia 9800GTS.

Guest Cdnry
What O/S came with the system? (Windows XP or Vista)You most likely have 2 gig of system memory.I would have to disagree with what that guy told you. Decent article here ... see the charts --> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia...iew,1800-4.htmlIf you don't have a lot of money many FSX users say the nVidia 8800GT does a pretty good job or say an nVidia 9800GTS.
HeyThe computer came with Vista. I can go buy a card no problem, I would only spend up to $300 something. I just don't want to buy a card and find out that there are other computer components that need upgrading as well!

Plus you really need more than 2.3 GHz CPU. FSX wants over 3, and 4 is better.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Get the amd 6400 cpu it will make a biiger performace increse then a new video card, id also get ddr 2 1066 meg ram if your motherboard will support it, the will work with amd just need to adjust some multipliers abt 2 min and isnt overclocking.