Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Force Feedback With Add-on Aircraft

HiI have a logitech force 3D pro joystick. On default aircraft it vibrates like hell on takeoff at 100% setting. At this level PMDG 747 and Level-D 767 both shake a bit (not much) but this setting proves too much for pmdg 747 auto-pilot so I have to set the joystick setting down to 80% at this level AP works on both add-on aircraft else, it drifts this side and that side of course line and then starts doing a circle. The problem is at this setting the joystick hardly registers any force feedback on the add-on aircraft but still can be felt on default aircraft.Now I guess you could say what do you want more AP or shaking!!!! well ideally both, is there a way to control force feedback, or is this some sort of permissions issue?FSX SystemE8500 running at 4.1 GHz4GB Dominator ARM running at 1032MHzVista 64 (on partition)PMDG 747Level-D 767Traffic XFL GlobalFSUIPC4.40I have given full control to FXS folder installed in C:X86.....program files dir.krishan

HiI have a logitech force 3D pro joystick. On default aircraft it vibrates like hell on takeoff at 100% setting. At this level PMDG 747 and Level-D 767 both shake a bit (not much) but this setting proves too much for pmdg 747 auto-pilot so I have to set the joystick setting down to 80% at this level AP works on both add-on aircraft else, it drifts this side and that side of course line and then starts doing a circle. The problem is at this setting the joystick hardly registers any force feedback on the add-on aircraft but still can be felt on default aircraft.Now I guess you could say what do you want more AP or shaking!!!! well ideally both, is there a way to control force feedback, or is this some sort of permissions issue?FSX SystemE8500 running at 4.1 GHz4GB Dominator ARM running at 1032MHzVista 64 (on partition)PMDG 747Level-D 767Traffic XFL GlobalFSUIPC4.40I have given full control to FXS folder installed in C:X86.....program files dir.krishan
I have the same joystick. For some reason the default 737 is a disaster with the stick shaker settings so I replaced them with the posky version in the Aircraft.cfg file. As for Level-D it works fine and most of the rest. I don't have the PMDG. Still growing old waiting for their NGX. Anyway under options in FSX you can lower the force feedback strength. Its under Controls>settings where you go to calibrate in FSX, not on your control panel. Mine is reduced to about 55%. The centering and dampering I left at 100% so I don't get the crazy rudder movement to the left as their seems to be a little freeplay in it and i was all over the place while taxing etc.. with no crosswinds.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

sorry I dont get where you mean.under setting>control you can set the sen. of axis etc, but there is no option within FSX to adjust force feedback, if you click calibrate that calibrates the axis again but no option for force feedback level. The only place I have to adjust force feedback level is with logitech wingman s/w under global device setting.please explainkrishan

sorry I dont get where you mean.under setting>control you can set the sen. of axis etc, but there is no option within FSX to adjust force feedback, if you click calibrate that calibrates the axis again but no option for force feedback level. The only place I have to adjust force feedback level is with logitech wingman s/w under global device setting.please explainkrishan
In FSX go to Controls. On the calibration tab hit Calibrate. then hit properties. Then hit settings. Your force feedback adjustment page should be displayed now.This is on WinXP. Not sure what it is for vista if thats what your running.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

ok, yeah this does not occur for me, but that could be due to wingman overriding it and having control of it or vista itself as you say.