Sign in to follow this  
svenks

Vpn Server For The Race

Hi GuysI have given myself a real treat (call it an early Christmas present): A new gaming computer - I'll post the specs later, but they're not too shabby....That means the my old rig will move down the line, and that one is big enough to support the same setup as last year.So unless something bad happens, we should have the same VPN as last year (24/7), without the security issues in Hamachi.I'll let you know of the progress.Merry Christmas to you all, BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Nice Sven :) I wish Santa will send me a new "Not too shabby" Pc too ;) Will you be trying FSX ? on your new Beast ?

TEAM AVSIM "Fly Anything" Member     BAW 1193

Boeing777_Banner_TechTeam.jpgBry_zps718b876b.png

Sven - Thanks for your effort.

Hi GuysI have given myself a real treat (call it an early Christmas present): A new gaming computer - I'll post the specs later, but they're not too shabby....That means the my old rig will move down the line, and that one is big enough to support the same setup as last year.So unless something bad happens, we should have the same VPN as last year (24/7), without the security issues in Hamachi.I'll let you know of the progress.Merry Christmas to you all, BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Nice Sven :) I wish Santa will send me a new "Not too shabby" Pc too ;) Will you be trying FSX ? on your new Beast ?
I too wish that is was Santa who had paid for it :( And I will try FSX on it, but most of my aircraft are FS9 so I guess I'

I too wish that is was Santa who had paid for it :( And I will try FSX on it, but most of my aircraft are FS9 so I guess I'

Nice !!!!!!!!!!! FSX should be a breeze ;) and all my FS9 planes work fine on FSX :)
Well the rig is up and running after some initial hassle with the RAID drivers. I had a USB floppy to "F6" the drivers, but that only worked halfway and got me thru the format and such. When it became time to actually load the drivers, I found out that RAID drivers are loaded BEFORE USB drivers = it didn't read the USB floppy :( . In the end I had to install an old floppy - GRRR.Anyway, first tests looks VERY promising, and I have NEVER installed an XP faster than on this rig (and I've done a LOT!).Bry, does your successfull FSX install include the Avanti, and ** P-47? I already have P-51 installed on my old rig.BRGDSSven

I don`t have the ** p- 47 but the 51h went over no problems so I guess the 47 will be the same . Avanti requires a bit of Butchery I`m afraid . the panel and VC does not like FSX so I use a panel from a freeware FSX avanti , Jeff has had better success with the original FSD avanti panel and also Speed but not heard from him yet this year :( , Most aircraft port over over with some visual glitches . But , for me, are okay for racing :)

Hi all,Well, in another post I stated that I would have an VPN server ready by this weekend...Unfortunately, I've just have a major setback - not with the VPN box, but with my new monster rig :(It seems like a have a bad disk, which is really bad news in a RAID0 configuration. So instead of setting up the VPN stuff, I have spent really long time troubleshooting and restoring (Thank You, Paragon!!!).But, don't worry - I'll get there, it will just take a little longer :BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Hi all,Well, in another post I stated that I would have an VPN server ready by this weekend...Unfortunately, I've just have a major setback - not with the VPN box, but with my new monster rig :(It seems like a have a bad disk, which is really bad news in a RAID0 configuration. So instead of setting up the VPN stuff, I have spent really long time troubleshooting and restoring (Thank You, Paragon!!!).But, don't worry - I'll get there, it will just take a little longer :BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH
Thanks for the effort sven hope it goes well

Harv.png?dl=1

OK, guysFinally I have the VPN set up and running!Not without some agony, though (WHY didn't I save last years config?????). Apart from having to remember what I did last year, I ran head-first into a couple of Microsoft-induced bugs :( And I'm not too happy with the performance yet, so before I'll let you guys tear it apart, I will give myself a few more days to optimize it. When I'm satisfied, I'll post how-to's and logon details in the private forum (for now).BRGDSSven

If you need a lab rat to test it let me know

And I'm not too happy with the performance yet, so before I'll let you guys tear it apart, I will give myself a few more days to optimize it. When I'm satisfied, I'll post how-to's and logon details in the private forum (for now).BRGDSSven

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

Hi allVPN info posted in Private forums. The server will be up all night (2100 UTC-0600UTC).BRGDSSven