Sign in to follow this  
Rickie Welsh

Pmdg B737 = You Have Control.

hi all, i realise everyone is on edge waiting for the fs9 md11, but as an aside, i wondered if anyone has bought the precisionmanuals b737 titled you have control, and if so is it a worthwhile buy. apparently it is available from the aerosoft web site. thanks. richard welsh

hi all, i realise everyone is on edge waiting for the fs9 md11, but as an aside, i wondered if anyone has bought the precisionmanuals b737 titled you have control, and if so is it a worthwhile buy. apparently it is available from the aerosoft web site. thanks. richard welsh
The Only thing that Aerosoft sells related to PMDG, is the FS2CREW for the 747X. So, have no idea what you're talking about. Anything you see that says "You have control" is strictly just an advertisement phrase. The product is split into two packages called PMDG 737 The Next Generation and PMDG 737-800/900. You must have the Next Generation package before you can buy the 800/900 variants. Buy them directly from PMDG if you want them! But, yes, it's a perfect addon just like all of PMDG's products. If you're getting into FSX, I'd wait on buying the 737 for FS9. PMDG's next release after the MD11 for FS9 is the 737NGX (Next Generation FSX version).

I believe he is referring to a training manual that you will on the aerosoft store. You will also find that Aerosoft sells all PMDG products excluding the MD-11.

I believe he is referring to a training manual that you will on the aerosoft store.
Still, I'm not finding anything on Aerosoft's site regarding the 737. I did find it on the SimMarket website, so maybe that's what he meant. Not to mention, the book is only written in German. So, I have no idea what it's about, lol.

Well I have the page open on the Aerosoft store with the book in english. I'd provide a link if I wasn't using such a primative browser . :)

Well I have the page open on the Aerosoft store with the book in english. I'd provide a link if I wasn't using such a primative browser . :)
hi Robert, nice to know that there are some people with some savvy, thanks for the support. richard welsh

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...065156850,10822 - As far as I can see it's written in English right there :( And going back to the actual topic..Sorry Richard I don't have the book so I can't comment on it, although by looking at the contents, it seems as though all the stuff is covered in the manuals as well(if not more), except for the tutorial flights.

http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/re/ibosh...065156850,10822 - As far as I can see it's written in English right there :( And going back to the actual topic..Sorry Richard I don't have the book so I can't comment on it, although by looking at the contents, it seems as though all the stuff is covered in the manuals as well(if not more), except for the tutorial flights.
thanks again Robert, i never thought for a moment that a topic on a book would cause such controversy, i think the only answer is, for me to go and buy it and post my findings on the content. for the uninformed, on the aerosoft opening page there are five of the most common languages situated on the top right corner which display the contents in the relative language. you live and learn(hopefully). richard welsh.

The (Aerosoft) product is split into two packages called PMDG 737 The Next Generation and PMDG 737-800/900. You must have the Next Generation package before you can buy the 800/900 variants.
The Aerosoft 800/900 CD product for FS9 can stand alone without having the 600/700 product.

Guest killerwatt
thanks again Robert, i never thought for a moment that a topic on a book would cause such controversy, i think the only answer is, for me to go and buy it and post my findings on the content. for the uninformed, on the aerosoft opening page there are five of the most common languages situated on the top right corner which display the contents in the relative language. you live and learn(hopefully). richard welsh.
I recieved this book (in English), yesterday and had a most enjoyable afternoon reading it. I lost track of time and before I knew it the afternoon was gone. It is so informative and written in a style that is both instructional and easy to digest and its ringbound so its easy to leave opened at the relevant page as you fly the lessons. It not only takes you by the hand with step by step instructions but also takes the time to explain why these instructions are given and what the many differing controls do, so you dont just learn to fly an airliner parrot fashion, you actually understand what is going on and learn how to fly it properly. Best of all you understand what each of your inputs means to the performance of your Plane. this means you can fly it like the professionals do. I cant recomend this book highly enough. Even the most experienced sim jet pilot will learn from this book so if you have the PMDG737 then you owe it to yourself to buy PMDG737"You Have Control".

Guest killerwatt

I forgot to mention. The book is writen by an actual 737 rated pilot so you know the info is authentic.

I forgot to mention. The book is writen by an actual 737 rated pilot so you know the info is authentic.
Happy new year everybody,I am about halfway in the book after receiving it as a birthdaypresent a few weeks ago.It's the translation of the German version and sometimes that shows. Every now and then yousee some errors in the translation but as for the contents, the author obviously knows what heis writing about.Being the manual for an 'older' (but in no way an obsolete) product that I have been usinglike forever, a lot of the contents is not new. But even so, I picked up more than a few tipsalong the way. I am on a little vacation from today and I know what I will be reading/flying the nextcouple of days...Luc BrusselmansBelgium