Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Eaglesoft's Citation X 2.0

I regrettably have the rest of my day tied up :( and cannot get to it till tomorrow. If anyone buys and flies the new Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0, please let me know your impressions as regards to frame rate, fluidness and how the FDE handles. I read there note about the SID/STAR deal coming in January. I am wonerding though if the FMC will take manually inputed waypoints for sid/stars though. I hope to get my hands on her by tomorrow night! As well, in the documentation, can someone let me know if they included a tutorial flight? Thanks.

Eric 

SIDS\STARS cannot be input until we implement the new Navigraph DB and Upgrade the package as outlined.We present this information in order to avoid confusion right from the start.There is an FMC Tutorial and Sample Flight included.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

SIDS\STARS cannot be input until we implement the new Navigraph DB and Upgrade the package as outlined.We present this information in order to avoid confusion right from the start.There is an FMC Tutorial and Sample Flight included.
I guess what Eric meant, is that in the mean while SID/STAR waypoints can be entered manually as 'normal' waypoints part of the flightplan.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I guess what Eric meant, is that in the mean while SID/STAR waypoints can be entered manually as 'normal' waypoints part of the flightplan.
I would suggest using a program like FSBuild to develop flight plans with SID/STARs. The primary reason is due to the outdated nav data that is in the default FS database. Until we've completed the navdata update.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I think maybe what Ron was inferring was, we likely cannot input them manually if they are not in the database to begin with? But if that is the case though, then is it now shipping with no waypoints at all in the database? That would be the only reason that you cannot input them manually that I can think of. If the NAV database is empty until they update it in late January, I think I may just hold off until then.

Eric 

There is an included temporary Airways DB but it is not complete enough to support everything users may throw at it.Best to follow our advice and use a planner until we complete the Stage 2 work. Until then, enjoy :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

There is an included temporary Airways DB but it is not complete enough to support everything users may throw at it.Best to follow our advice and use a planner until we complete the Stage 2 work. Until then, enjoy :(
Ron;Will a planner load waypoints that don't exist in the FMS database?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Ron;Will a planner load waypoints that don't exist in the FMS database?RegardsBob ScottColonel, USAF (ret)ATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VColorado Springs, CO
If you use a planner like FSBuild... it will set lat/lon values into the created flight plan file. That is useable by FS.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Even if you use the Flight Simulator flight planner to make your flight plan or FSBuild (I use FSbuild and import them in to FS9) the Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 has the ability to import the active flight plan in FS9 and add the waypoints to the FMS automaticly. Saves time if your're in a hurry. :(

Nick Preston

Looks like Ed and Nick have it covered Bob :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Well here's a rough one for ya. Sorry for the novice sounding reply here but alas, I am a novice. I'm surprised nobody else replied yet. I have been waiting for 2.0 for awhile and I almost bought 1.0 last week. I'm glad I waited. I expected no less than a complex and stable bird from Eaglesoft, and I got one. I flew a quickie from KCHD to KABQ at FL250 following the quick start section of the manual. I couldn't get some things to work but then I don't know what I'm doing yet.I noted these things: 1. The FMS is complex for a noob - I wanna fly now and study later. I followed the manual but I didn't get it to work properly.2. I never figured out how to get "NO TAKEOFF" on the CAS to go away. Heck with it, I took off anyway.3. The PFD HSI never did initialize - said "HDG FAIL" the whole way. 4. The N1/N2/ITT gauge in the center of the panel never lit up. Does this take some setting up?5. TCAS did not alert me that a C-5 Galaxy was <1nm from me. ATC did finally say something. Maybe I had TCAS off or something.Framerate = No impact as compared to ES Citation II.Fluidness is good, gauges update very smoothly, etc.The plane handled very nicely and is very responsive. I had no problem landing it manually. This one flies smoothly compared to the freeware CX I have been flying. It will take some getting used to.My system is a Dell XPS 420 Q6600 3GB 8600GTS.I'm looking forward to others' thoughts on this awesome jet.D.

Well here's a rough one for ya. Sorry for the novice sounding reply here but alas, I am a novice. I'm surprised nobody else replied yet. I have been waiting for 2.0 for awhile and I almost bought 1.0 last week. I'm glad I waited. I expected no less than a complex and stable bird from Eaglesoft, and I got one. I flew a quickie from KCHD to KABQ at FL250 following the quick start section of the manual. I couldn't get some things to work but then I don't know what I'm doing yet.I noted these things:
1. The FMS is complex for a noob - I wanna fly now and study later. I followed the manual but I didn't get it to work properly.
Yes, it is indeed complex. With the navdata support release we'll include more detailed documentation for the FMS.
2. I never figured out how to get "NO TAKEOFF" on the CAS to go away. Heck with it, I took off anyway.
There are checklists on the kneeboard. You can pull up a list of reasons for the "NO TAKEOFF" on the MFD.
3. The PFD HSI never did initialize - said "HDG FAIL" the whole way.
You didn't initialize the IRS units.
4. The N1/N2/ITT gauge in the center of the panel never lit up. Does this take some setting up?
Sounds like standby power was off.
5. TCAS did not alert me that a C-5 Galaxy was <1nm from me. ATC did finally say something. Maybe I had TCAS off or something.
TCAS must be activated via the RMU interface as well as the MFD menu.
Framerate = No impact as compared to ES Citation II.Fluidness is good, gauges update very smoothly, etc.The plane handled very nicely and is very responsive. I had no problem landing it manually. This one flies smoothly compared to the freeware CX I have been flying. It will take some getting used to.My system is a Dell XPS 420 Q6600 3GB 8600GTS.I'm looking forward to others' thoughts on this awesome jet.D.
Glad you're enjoying it. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Reed2033

Just created a new account today because my old one doesnt seem to be working after resetting my password multiple times to no avail.Unfortunately, I am not very pleased with this addon. First thing I noticed was the small type on the panels and inability to enlarge the PFD/MFD displays. They are unreadable and I am 20/15 corrected. Also, the addon doesnt seem to work with Goflight hardware. The AP module doesnt jive with the GF-MCP and the throttles dont work at all with the GF-TQ6. I wasnt even able to complete a flight due to the fact that around 220 kts, the airplane started "seizing" and "buffeting" as if it was stalling, but it clearly felt like a bug. It renders the aircraft unflyable. Also, any movement in slew mode causes an immediate CTD. A few other problems I noticed were the course line on the MFD disappearing on any range smaller than 25nm, line select keys not working on the FMC to select a certain parameter, but able to select that same parameter by accessing it in a different way (very familiar with honeywell fmc from ERJ and EJets and aware about no SID/STAR support yet), a weird way of displaying the fmc course on the HSI that doesnt seem to sync up to the autopilot FD (you have to twist the OBS, its doesnt seem like the needle is FMS driven although it says it is), and the disappearing of the landing light/ strobe switches under the throttle. Sorry if this is a rant, especially during the holiday season, but $50 is an extremely large amount of money for an addon, especially for one that is completely unflyable. I am more than willing to chalk some of these problems up to user error, but there are definateley some bugs and oversights here. On a more positive note, this aircraft seems to have great flight dynamics, a solid visual model, complex systems, and for the most part, a very well- written manual. Fix up the bugs, resize and texture the panel more realistically, allow the PFD/MFD to be enlarged, add a fuel planner and complete V speed charts and this addon will be golden.Reed

Just created a new account today because my old one doesnt seem to be working after resetting my password multiple times to no avail.Unfortunately, I am not very pleased with this addon. First thing I noticed was the small type on the panels and inability to enlarge the PFD/MFD displays. They are unreadable and I am 20/15 corrected. Also, the addon doesnt seem to work with Goflight hardware. The AP module doesnt jive with the GF-MCP and the throttles dont work at all with the GF-TQ6. I wasnt even able to complete a flight due to the fact that around 220 kts, the airplane started "seizing" and "buffeting" as if it was stalling, but it clearly felt like a bug. It renders the aircraft unflyable. Also, any movement in slew mode causes an immediate CTD. A few other problems I noticed were the course line on the MFD disappearing on any range smaller than 25nm, line select keys not working on the FMC to select a certain parameter, but able to select that same parameter by accessing it in a different way (very familiar with honeywell fmc from ERJ and EJets and aware about no SID/STAR support yet), a weird way of displaying the fmc course on the HSI that doesnt seem to sync up to the autopilot FD (you have to twist the OBS, its doesnt seem like the needle is FMS driven although it says it is), and the disappearing of the landing light/ strobe switches under the throttle. Sorry if this is a rant, especially during the holiday season, but $50 is an extremely large amount of money for an addon, especially for one that is completely unflyable. I am more than willing to chalk some of these problems up to user error, but there are definateley some bugs and oversights here. On a more positive note, this aircraft seems to have great flight dynamics, a solid visual model, complex systems, and for the most part, a very well- written manual. Fix up the bugs, resize and texture the panel more realistically, allow the PFD/MFD to be enlarged, add a fuel planner and complete V speed charts and this addon will be golden.Reed
This isn't the Eaglesoft support forum... but...1) The panel is 100% legible and I wear bifocals. I have to ask what screen resolution you're running and what size monitor.2) We offer no support for GoFlight modules.3) If your throttles aren't working, that's an issue for our support forums.4) The course line disappearing is not something we've ever seen happen.5) The light switches are actually UNDER the throttles. I'm sorry you don't like them there, but that was Cessna's design. :(Most of what you're discussing sounds more like a complete lack of familiarity in the Citation X's avionics more than anything else. There will be no fuel planner. Fuel planning info is included on the kneeboard reference sheet. V speeds are calculated by the FMS upon completion of it's performance initialization.If you believe you have a found a bug, the Eaglesoft forums are the place to bring them up. It's why they're there.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, it is indeed complex. With the navdata support release we'll include more detailed documentation for the FMS.There are checklists on the kneeboard. You can pull up a list of reasons for the "NO TAKEOFF" on the MFD.You didn't initialize the IRS units.Sounds like standby power was off.TCAS must be activated via the RMU interface as well as the MFD menu.Glad you're enjoying it. :(
Ok thanks. I took a little more time and got the NO TAKEOFF and HDG FAIL to go away. I did not get the TCAS to work though. I will try again tomorrow after I get some sleep. This plane is sweet. I spent way too much time fiddling around and now I have bags under my eyes. I don't agree that the panels are unreadable. I have a 24" wide screen Dell monitor running at its native 1920x1200 resolution. The panels, both 2D and VC, are very readable in my opinion - crystal clear. I fly 2D exclusively. I have made many custom wide screen panels because I can cram in a bunch of stuff over the default panels. This wide screen 2D panel is a keeper right out of the box. I added a couple of minor tweaks but I didn't change any of the default placements. I use a gauge called cockpit commander in all my planes. I was a little disappointed that its heading, altitude and vertical speed input switches don't work in this plane. I like changing these things quickly with that gauge. I will have to get used to the CX default switches/knobs now. I did experience a little bit of "buffeting" or whatever its called, but it didn't last long and it didn't make the plane uncontrollable. I did another manual landing and had no issues at all. Still, I have not had much airtime in the plane so I'll watch it closer to see what I might have done to cause it. It almost looked like the outside view of the world was jittering, not the plane itself. I don't know...This is the plane I've been waiting for. Thanks for the hard work on this product. I will ask questions and will provide honest feedback in the support forum. Dolph