Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Eaglesoft's Citation X 2.0

Reed, take a little time to be more familiar with the airplane and its parameters and we think you'll like her more.Feel free to register and login to our support forums where you'll find answers to any number of questions :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Can SIDs/STARs be created (programmed) by the user, using the FMC to do data entry and then saved from the FMC to the Navdata folder?Will the user be able to modify SIDs/STARs using a text editor like "Notepad" to correct mistakes between Navigraph monthly updates?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Can SIDs/STARs be created (programmed) by the user, using the FMC to do data entry and then saved from the FMC to the Navdata folder?Will the user be able to modify SIDs/STARs using a text editor like "Notepad" to correct mistakes between Navigraph monthly updates?
No, and no.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

"Cockpit Commander Gauge" - Can I get more info on that????

Ok thanks. I took a little more time and got the NO TAKEOFF and HDG FAIL to go away. I did not get the TCAS to work though. I will try again tomorrow after I get some sleep. This plane is sweet. I spent way too much time fiddling around and now I have bags under my eyes. I don't agree that the panels are unreadable. I have a 24" wide screen Dell monitor running at its native 1920x1200 resolution. The panels, both 2D and VC, are very readable in my opinion - crystal clear. I fly 2D exclusively. I have made many custom wide screen panels because I can cram in a bunch of stuff over the default panels. This wide screen 2D panel is a keeper right out of the box. I added a couple of minor tweaks but I didn't change any of the default placements. I use a gauge called cockpit commander in all my planes. I was a little disappointed that its heading, altitude and vertical speed input switches don't work in this plane. I like changing these things quickly with that gauge. I will have to get used to the CX default switches/knobs now. I did experience a little bit of "buffeting" or whatever its called, but it didn't last long and it didn't make the plane uncontrollable. I did another manual landing and had no issues at all. Still, I have not had much airtime in the plane so I'll watch it closer to see what I might have done to cause it. It almost looked like the outside view of the world was jittering, not the plane itself. I don't know...This is the plane I've been waiting for. Thanks for the hard work on this product. I will ask questions and will provide honest feedback in the support forum. Dolph

"Cockpit Commander Gauge" - Can I get more info on that????
Certainly. It's a great addon gauge from Glenn Copeland. Search the AVSIM gauge section for "cpitcmdr.zip". I have installed it in every plane I own. It does not work 100% with the Citation II, Citation X, and ATR 72-500 planes I have purchased recently. Well, it works for ATC functions, comms, navs, and the course setting. It does not work for altitude, heading or vertical speed setting on these planes. I am forced to use the slow knob-click-and-wait method for these settings. It does work with the Pilatus PC-12 though I think.I have not been able to figure out why it ceased to function but my guess is that these planes use compiled XML gauges which would have come along after this gauge was written and it can't tap them.

Actually Dolph, to provide advanced autopilot functions, like FLC and VNAV... we have to use our own internal code and not the FS autopilot.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

"4) The course line disappearing is not something we've ever seen happen"I can confirm that I experienced this too. I'll take her out for a few more spins and see what I can come up with.Edit: actually I noticed now that while I still see the course line in VC mode at ranges from 50 nm and up, I suddenly don't see it at all in 2d view.. strangeIt seems to be a nice bird, but I wish the manuals were a bit more thorough. It is quite different to fly from other aircrafts and I have scratched my head many times now! :) EG,why isn't the aircraft following the heading bug. AP is on, HDG is active. RTM RTM...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

We have our own support forums. That would be the best place for this discussion.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Can various situations be "saved", reloaded and flown later?Like takeoff, during cruise and approaches.

Best Regards,

Saving mid flight and returning later is not supported with this bird.Come to think of it, you can't do that with the real one either :(

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Saving mid flight and returning later is not supported with this bird.Come to think of it, you can't do that with the real one either :(
Ron,Thanks for the information.But, in a real commercial flight simulator, you can load a saved situation.Does come in handy when learning to fly and for practice or scheduled proficiency checks.I use it often with MS Flight Simulator.

Best Regards,

Guest Will Nogueira

HELP ME....I can not give power to the engines running to the plane.You have to configure the engine with FSUIPC?Do not have a simple way to use?I hope someone can help me. Until now, unable to leave the ground.Cmte Will

HELP ME....I can not give power to the engines running to the plane.You have to configure the engine with FSUIPC?Do not have a simple way to use?I hope someone can help me. Until now, unable to leave the ground.Cmte Will
See the Eaglesoft forum and make sure that you have the latest patch release (up to 1.5 currently).DJ

The ES CitationX 2.0 is out??? I'm outta here to the ES site! Been waiting quite awhile for this. Yeehaw!

Guest Emcott
See the Eaglesoft forum and make sure that you have the latest patch release (up to 1.5 currently).DJ
I too have had allot of problems with this aircraft, just like others have noted. You guys really need to beta test these fully out before putting them out there. I mean this stuff ain't cheap...........