Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Installing Acceleration Scenery Only?

I have SP1 and don't want to install SP2 or Acceleration, which I do own. Is there any way I can install only the new scenery that comes with Acceleration? I am getting tired of the warning that some of the scenery items are missing in some of the new scenery addons. If there is no way to install only the scenery, is there any way to turn off the stupid warning? Regards, Bob.

I have SP1 and don't want to install SP2 or Acceleration, which I do own. Is there any way I can install only the new scenery that comes with Acceleration? I am getting tired of the warning that some of the scenery items are missing in some of the new scenery addons. If there is no way to install only the scenery, is there any way to turn off the stupid warning? Regards, Bob.
I don't think so Bob as the scenery was created using the requisite SP2 SDK, hence the warnings. Why don't you want to install SP2? Yes, it has some worts, but it does offer many positive performance improvements and again most new 3rd party addons will require it.

Regards, Kendall

I don't think so Bob as the scenery was created using the requisite SP2 SDK, hence the warnings. Why don't you want to install SP2? Yes, it has some worts, but it does offer many positive performance improvements and again most new 3rd party addons will require it.
Hi Kendall. OK. Thanks. I have a ton of FS9 convets that would be lost with SP2. Is there any way to turn off the stupid warnings that keep popping up. Once would be sufficient. Best regards, Bob.

Bob I use a lot of 2004 aircraft too, but most of the problems in porting was just transparency issues. Maybe you have a lot of planes with older gauges?

Bob I use a lot of 2004 aircraft too, but most of the problems in porting was just transparency issues. Maybe you have a lot of planes with older gauges?
Hi. Thanks. I have hundreds of FS9 planes and I have fixed all of the panels with FSX type gauges. I just don't want SP1 or Acceleration as I'm afraid of screwing up all I have now that works good. Best regards, Bob.

Yeah, it's a pain to get it all tuned. I had to go to an illegal value in two or three variables in the fsx.cfg to get rid of stutters and optimize frame rates. Some of the FS9 planes are my favorites and I can't let go of them.

Yeah, it's a pain to get it all tuned. I had to go to an illegal value in two or three variables in the fsx.cfg to get rid of stutters and optimize frame rates. Some of the FS9 planes are my favorites and I can't let go of them.
A36 Apache, I'm curious as to which variables of the fsx.cfg that you altered and what illegal values you entered?

Regards, Kendall