Sign in to follow this  
Guest FPSFREAK

GeForce 4 Ti4200 busted... any suggestions for a better

Somehow, my video card is all busted - the colors are all messed up. Any advice on which video card to get these days?

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? Somehow, I don't really believe that its busted, maybe just some stupid setting somewhere.

Good call - I'll try that. Thanks!

Well, folks, it's official.My video card stopped working. I've replaced it with various versions of drivers, and also with a working alternate video card. When I put the old one back in, it's not working.Any suggestions for a good video card?Thanks!

Ewwwww! Someone did some severe overclocking ;-) However, there is going to be a new generation of cards coming out this summer, i would replace it with something cheap for the time being and save up for whats next ;-)

Wait for the summer? :(What if I wanted to get something now - is the GeForce 4 Ti4200-4600 still my best bet?

I'm just saying, that there are going to be a new generation of cards coming out and if you want to spend you're money on somthing thats out of date in a few months time go ahead. I was just suggesting thats what I would do, Geforce 3 ti200's are a great card, and would work well untill the new stuff gets here.

There will always be something new to wait for, why not buy a ATI9700pro or nvidiaFX now, they will not be outdated the next 2 or 3 years.

Guest Milamber

Go for the Radeon 9500/9700/9800...Those cards will beat anything NVidia has out now...If price is an issue go for the 9500 pro because it can be overclocked to be just like the 9700 pro (but with half the memory bus). If you can find a plain 9500 you can also overclock it and the memory bus is halved in software and it can be 'tricked' into enabling the other half, thereby giving you a 9700 pro :) But in any case the difference between the bus sizes will not add up to a large difference in performance. Main thing is that they all will beat NVidia cards right now and they are Dx9 so will last you at least through to next year as far as the best performance for games that are out or will be out within the next year or so.

Guest FPSFREAK

If you have the funds than the only choice is clear..9700Pro. If money is really tight I would go w the 9500. One thing to remember is that although the above posting is somewhat correct, the specs of modding a 9500 are close to a 9700, the missing mem pipeline will make a difference, big difference in some applications. Not to mention you cant run a 9500 stable without at the minimum, voltage mods at the 375/351 my 9700Pro is if it would even make it at all.Good luck w your choices.Bobby