Sign in to follow this  
Guest gentrrm

Atr 72 And Rc

Guest gentrrm

I've searched high and low for a resolution for this problem and if I've missed it forgive me.I'm running fs9 on XP. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine. When I'm flying the ATR-72 from Flight1 along with RC, the panels in the ATR-72 start acting strange. After I have the aircraft loaded and I'm ready to contact the tower, Once I receive my clearance I open my radio panel and attempt to enter my SQUAK. That's when the panels start acting weird. As I move my mouse around, various panels start flickering on and off...not the whole panel, but the top or bottom half of the panel. It could be any panel, even if that particular isn't even open. It appears to be RC that is causing the problem. As I stated, the panels operate normally until I start RC. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the ATR-72 and once I figured out that it could be RC, I uninstalled and reinstalled that as well. I've been using the same configuration on this PC for over a year now and up until a few days ago as was well. I tried to attach the best screen shot that I can. Anybody seen this before or have any suggestions?Thanks,Rick

Guest gentrrm

Sorry...pictures didn't post well, here are some new ones.

Sorry...pictures didn't post well, here are some new ones.
Hi,I would suggest that you check your keystrokes used by the ATR 72 against the Radar Contact keystrokes.In similar cases this has proved to be the case. You can then allocate other keystrokes within the Radar Contact keyboard menu.RegardsNorman Bowman

Guest gentrrm
Hi,I would suggest that you check your keystrokes used by the ATR 72 against the Radar Contact keystrokes.In similar cases this has proved to be the case. You can then allocate other keystrokes within the Radar Contact keyboard menu.RegardsNorman Bowman
Thanks for the suggestion Norman but I don't even get to the point of using keystrokes. The only thing I have to do to generate the problem is to start RC and then move my mouse over the panel. I've tried everything that I can think of to fix this and nothing takes. Maybe when RC 5 comes out it will fix the problem. Anybody have any idea when that might be?

Thanks for the suggestion Norman but I don't even get to the point of using keystrokes. The only thing I have to do to generate the problem is to start RC and then move my mouse over the panel. I've tried everything that I can think of to fix this and nothing takes. Maybe when RC 5 comes out it will fix the problem. Anybody have any idea when that might be?
it's not an rc issue, so v5 won't fix it. you don't have your mouse configure to make the window under the pointer the active window, do you?if you load a standard ms plane and panel, and then start rc, does the standard plane and panel behave the same way? what version of fsuipc are you using?jd

Guest gentrrm
it's not an rc issue, so v5 won't fix it. you don't have your mouse configure to make the window under the pointer the active window, do you?if you load a standard ms plane and panel, and then start rc, does the standard plane and panel behave the same way? what version of fsuipc are you using?jd
I do believe that after many agonizing hours I have finally figured out the problem. You were right JD, it wasn

You can download the latest release of FSUIPC and other utilities used by RC from the links in the thread at the top of this forum. Be sure to use the correct one for your version of FS as listed on the page.

Create a flight with the Baron parked in a state as you wish with the clear weather theme, local time of day, and season. Use the clear weather theme. After making sure all is OK save it as the default flight. In the background FS loads part of the default flight when you start FS to initialize its engine. Your ATR when loaded should then start up OK either on a new flight or one you saved.

I do believe that after many agonizing hours I have finally figured out the problem. You were right JD, it wasn