Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

A Comment On Instant Mission Maker

I saw it on Avsim's main page tonight and got it. I was a little doubtful as it sounded a little too good to be true-but it is amazing! A word processor for creating missions even someone like me can use. I haven't read the directions yet-and yet I am already 1/4 thru creation of of a mission I am designing-total time a couple hours. Intuitive and easy, and something I have been wishing for since fsx came out.What uses do I have? Right now I am doing my first scenic tour-a flight in a beautiful area I have flown narrated with points of interest and also real flying techniques on the Baron mixed in. Other future projects? Random failures, emergencies, more tours, practice coached instrument approaches, Baron flight lessons-the possibilities are endless. I can't wait to see the avsim library filling up with what I think is one of the most overlooked and under used features of fsx-missions (and not just gamelike ones). Now it is easy for anyone to make a mission.A big thanks to the programmers that came up with this one!

Chester, Ca? Nobody knows where Chester is!I'll see if I can finish the 0O5 airport file and get you a copy. Part of my Kalifornia airport project, that I work on when not messing up other parts of the U.S.And while I see you have a problem with sound recording with IMM, the little that I did turned out OK. If I can find the file, there is some software that helps bypass some of the Windows role with sound cards, music, etc. I haven't tried it myself, yet, but have seen good comments about the software. I'll look for a link.

Chester, Ca? Nobody knows where Chester is!I'll see if I can finish the 0O5 airport file and get you a copy. Part of my Kalifornia airport project, that I work on when not messing up other parts of the U.S.And while I see you have a problem with sound recording with IMM, the little that I did turned out OK. If I can find the file, there is some software that helps bypass some of the Windows role with sound cards, music, etc. I haven't tried it myself, yet, but have seen good comments about the software. I'll look for a link.
Fantastic on Chester. (That is the best part about Chester-no one knows about it-yet....).Appreciate any help on the sound issue. Thanks!

Here's the link to the article I read in PCWorld. It seems more in tune (pun?) to sound coming out, but may (or may not) help with your recording issues. Maybe there are some sound afficiandos out there that can offer some input?http://www.pcworld.com/article/149706/bett...c_for_free.html
Support at flight one had an almost immediate response and they found the problem. Waiting to see if they have a solution -a Vista prob the MCI sound driver refusing to use the recording parameters specified by IMM.I'll give your link a look and see if it does anything and look forward to a better Chester -the trees are too close on the departure end of 16-not sure you can do anything about that.

I'll give your link a look and see if it does anything and look forward to a better Chester -the trees are too close on the departure end of 16-not sure you can do anything about that.
Trees? Nothing a chain saw can't take care of!My project is focused on high res mesh, without the plateaus around the airports. Putting the airports where they need to be. And then dressing them up with some objects. Only 480+- active airports in Kalifornia to work on. But it progresses slowly. I'll look at Chester, as I'm in that band area of mesh files.

Trees? Nothing a chain saw can't take care of!My project is focused on high res mesh, without the plateaus around the airports. Putting the airports where they need to be. And then dressing them up with some objects. Only 480+- active airports in Kalifornia to work on. But it progresses slowly. I'll look at Chester, as I'm in that band area of mesh files.
That would be great. A huge project but as a native Californian looking forward to it!By the way-flight one support said there is an issue that they will have fixed in a few days with new code-probably effects Vista users.

While it's a nice day in SoCal, I'm using the forecasted rain for tomorrow as an excuse to not work outside. So if you'd like to PM me with an email addy I may have a couple of rough files done later today or tomorrow. I've pulled down some 1m photo source from the USGS to use as a guide. Not that the airport is in any way inaccurate in FSX... Plus, firsthand experience always help out when doing design stuff. Which leads me to wonder about all the hold-shorts for the gravel runway, along with the USFS area.I hate to say it's close on 50 years ago that my father traveled this area while working with the state, so there's a connection for me in a ways when certain, remote areas come up in conversations.

While it's a nice day in SoCal, I'm using the forecasted rain for tomorrow as an excuse to not work outside. So if you'd like to PM me with an email addy I may have a couple of rough files done later today or tomorrow. I've pulled down some 1m photo source from the USGS to use as a guide. Not that the airport is in any way inaccurate in FSX... Plus, firsthand experience always help out when doing design stuff. Which leads me to wonder about all the hold-shorts for the gravel runway, along with the USFS area.I hate to say it's close on 50 years ago that my father traveled this area while working with the state, so there's a connection for me in a ways when certain, remote areas come up in conversations.
While you are enjoying that nice Socal weather think of the weather here in Michigan today with a high of 13 today, 16 inches of snow on the ground being whipped around by 45 knt. winds....Sending off a pm.

While you are enjoying that nice Socal weather think of the weather here in Michigan today with a high of 13 today, 16 inches of snow on the ground being whipped around by 45 knt. winds....Sending off a pm.
With the wind chill it is -28 yes, minus 28 degrees. (Indiana)Jim

I'll have to come south where it is obviously warmer... :( Just went out for a few minutes and thought I was gonna die.So much for global warming here.

Gosh Jim, it's colder downstate than it is up here by the lake! The low today was a balmy -22F

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi.How do you choose which aircraft you are going to fly in the mission? ( Have just downloaded the program and printed the manual. Nothing here on the subject)KindlyJakob Arnholtz

Hi.How do you choose which aircraft you are going to fly in the mission? ( Have just downloaded the program and printed the manual. Nothing here on the subject)KindlyJakob Arnholtz
From what I can tell the flight you set up in general mission parameters will take all your weather/plane settings etc.

From what I can tell the flight you set up in general mission parameters will take all your weather/plane settings etc.
You use the Baron in the mission you create. ( Top of the post). Did you choose this useraircraft yourself, or was it randomnly choosen for you by the program.Sorry for keeping asking questions, I am just a little confused (christmass and all')KindlyJakob