Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Capsim 757 Fsx

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I have the 767 and the MD-11 and love em both. was thinking about the 757 from capsim. Any thoughts? How is FPS compared to previously mentioned Aircraft?

I have it. Looks like you have some fine aircraft in your sig. You might want to consider holding off on the CS757. It looks great, fps is comparable to the MD-11, maybe a few frames better. I have had issues with the CDU crashing FSX as well as other users. I am not even sure they have any plans to fix it. It could be one of the best addons made if they would follow thru and fix it, but they seem to be content with assuming it is the end users PC and not the software. I have not been to there forum for over a month so just to be fair maybe it is all good now.Willy

Guest nshahzad

I'd wait for the LDS757. Heard of too many problems with the CS, as well as tons of other issues. Search around :)

Gotta weigh in here...I took a chance on the CS 757, and I'm glad I did. There is nothing about this bird that gives me heartburn, and though Level D makes a great 767, the CS 757 is a good bit more advanced. The panel modeling is superb in both 2D and 3D, and the systems are right on the money. A friend of mine, who is a real world 767 Captain, but had no MSFS experience, (hard to believe, huh?) came over with his flight manuals and checklists. Many of the 757 systems are very close to the 767 systems, and we found the 757 to be right on the money, except perhaps certain handling characteristics like pitch changes when flaps are used. At the current price, I'd say "go for it".

I just got the 757 last night at its low price too. I think it was an overall good buy. It doesn't compare to the MD-11 in ANY way though. The MD-11 is by far the best airliner for FSX atm. The big killer of the 757 is the lack of navdata. If it was able to use Navigraph data it would be a great plane. It has so few airports in its database. It doesn't even have my hometown airport in there and it is a decent size regional airport, more than big enough for a 757 to takeoff and land there. The soundset is also quite bad compared to other products'. There are plenty of excellent freeware packs you can replace the sounds with.If you only fly to MAJOR airports, you should probably pick this one up, if not, I would wait until Captain Sim gets the navdata set in stone.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Thanks to everyone for input, I think I am going to wait. Maybe I'll check out Aerosoft f-16.

Thanks to everyone for input, I think I am going to wait. Maybe I'll check out Aerosoft f-16.
Good move. I bought the CS 757 last week - not been able to use it properly yet as there are bugs with the autopilot and CDU (FMC).No fix likely until Spring 2009 according to their forums so I'm stuck.TrafficPilot

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Guest Proflig8tor
Good move. I bought the CS 757 last week - not been able to use it properly yet as there are bugs with the autopilot and CDU (FMC).No fix likely until Spring 2009 according to their forums so I'm stuck.TrafficPilot
I helped review the PDMG MD11. It sets the standard. Best add on I've seen yet.I bought the Captain Sim 757. It is easily the worst add on I've ever bought. It's bad enough to be removed from my hard drive after just a couple of hours. To be specific (after 10 minutes of use):(1) EPR lags unrealistically(2) Engines are underpowered - takeoff performance is all wrong(3) FMC V Speeds are wrong(4) Autothrottles do not work with VNAV properly(5) Roll control - acts like there is a huge amount of adverse yaw - not at all like the real 757(6) Autopilot can't fly the airplane either - see above comment - it just gets in more and more divergent flight paths until the crash or overstress(7) Fuel panel doesn't work(8) Nav Database old / incompleteI have not made it more than 1000 feet off the runway before quitting in disgust.

Guest PPSFA
I helped review the PDMG MD11. It sets the standard. Best add on I've seen yet.I bought the Captain Sim 757. It is easily the worst add on I've ever bought. It's bad enough to be removed from my hard drive after just a couple of hours. To be specific (after 10 minutes of use):(1) EPR lags unrealistically(2) Engines are underpowered - takeoff performance is all wrong(3) FMC V Speeds are wrong(4) Autothrottles do not work with VNAV properly(5) Roll control - acts like there is a huge amount of adverse yaw - not at all like the real 757(6) Autopilot can't fly the airplane either - see above comment - it just gets in more and more divergent flight paths until the crash or overstress(7) Fuel panel doesn't work(8) Nav Database old / incompleteI have not made it more than 1000 feet off the runway before quitting in disgust.
Sounds like a bad install, I have this plane and it is easily one of the best, right up there with the MD11, Super 80, etc. There are a few problems with the new version (4.2) but there are easy fixes users have found and are listed in the 757 forum.

Guest -BeNt-

Yeah sounds like a bad install. I would be intrested in how you know the take off performance is all wrong? Either way like PPSFA said the new patch totally screws the plane up making the plane unflyable after you disengage the AP. Visually compaired with the LVL-D it's spot on looks really nice. Performs well when it flys right. Navdata sucks and there hasn't been any updates since release so its missing a bunch of procedures ect. Personally I would wait on the LVL-D 757, It should be coming up here soon hopefully ;)And in NO way does this thing compair to the MD-11 from PMDG. In fact I have yet to find any show stopping flaws, well really any flaws, in that bird.