Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Navagation Data For Vhhx (hong Kong Kai Tak)

What do I have to do to get the PMDG MD-11 Flight management computer to recognize Kai Tak? I have found nav data for VHHX on a few web sites, but when I try to add those entries into the PMDG navdata folders, I get a message saying windowsa won't save the folder. I have Vista 64

What do I have to do to get the PMDG MD-11 Flight management computer to recognize Kai Tak? I have found nav data for VHHX on a few web sites, but when I try to add those entries into the PMDG navdata folders, I get a message saying windowsa won't save the folder. I have Vista 64
Have you tried running this PMDG tool?http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=124991If that doesn't work:Usually it is best to install pre-Vista applications such as FSX outside the default "Program Files (x86)" folder, to avoid getting caught out by UAC. But assuming you don't want to reinstall everything to a new location, check that you have (i) taken ownership of the folder(s) you're trying to save to; and (ii) given yourself full control privileges for the same folders. For this, first make sure your account has administrative privileges. Then select the folder using Explorer. Right click. From the context menu choose Properties > Security > Advanced > Owner - and Edit as necessary to make your own account show as an Owner, if it is not already so shown. Then without closing this set of tabs, go to the Permissions tab and check that your account has Full control: if not, use the Edit button as necessary.Although this method SHOULD (if you like) propagate privileges from a parent directory to child directories, it doesn't always "stick" in Vista: so be ready to repeat for EACH folder you need to write to, individually.Tim

Guest TSE

You can edit the navdata manually with Notepad/Wordpad, this is especially usefully if you download the latest Navigraph data on a monthly basis:In your FSX main folder you should find the Navdata here in the subfolders PMDG\NavDataFirst, open airports.dat and add the following line underneath the VHHH entryVHHX 22.316667 114.203333Then open wpNavAPT.txt and add the following underneath the VHHH entries:HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX13 10930136 22.321667 114.196667111.9008800015HONG KONG KAI TAK VHHX31 10930316 22.305500 114.214500109.9031600015If you are compiling flightplans with FSBuild, go to the FsBuild main folder and open fsb_apts.txtSearch for VHKG and rename it to VHHX. That's itHope this helps.ThanksJoerg

Thanks for the help. I now have Kai Tak's navagation data available for use by my MD-11 FMC, plus I have Fly Tampa's Kai Tak scenery. Time to fly the 13 IGS...