Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

The CS 727 and the RFP 742

I just want to comment a bit of some of these ideas. First of all, I slightly disagree with what Wilson said about the 727. I find it very possible to bring it from cold and dark with the included doc's. The annotated checklist is very extensive and works quite well for me. I have been able to complete many flights going from completely cold and dark to flying rather quickly, using only the detailed checklist. Yes, the provided ops manual is slim but for 'by the book flying' I always download my manuals from AVSIM file library (search '727 operations manual' it'll give you thrust settings and everything). If you are really thinking you like the 727 better don't hesitate to buy it. I think this is one of the best addons out there. Great looks, flys nice, very functional. The one thing is you really need to spend a bit of time with the manuals just learning the systems and operation of the autopilot and navigation systems and you'll really enjoy it.Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

I really have to disagree with you on the Ready for Pushback 747... The patched version is nothing short of awesome and the quality is right up there with the other great payware releases, CS727 included. I once had your oppinion about the 747-200 but after the patch and learning how to fly the aircraft correctly, RFP is a great addon. Why don't you take a second look at it...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

O.K. I just downloaded the RFP patch and took it for a flight. It really is a toss up now. You can't go wrong with either package but I would most likely go with RFP if your into full VC's including rear cabins. No other offering payware or otherwise offers this much detail. I'm glade I have them both (CS727 and RFP 747-200)....I know,why don't you buy both, you'll have them down the road anyway might as well get them now...

FS2020 

>I'll weigh in. >>The CS 727 is light years beyond the 742 in looks. The 742 >RFP is so inexplicably FS98 in its panel presentation that I >actually said "yuck" when I first loaded it up. The 727 is >the opposite. I said "wow" when I loaded it. Beautiful >views, sub panels, switches, night lighting. The VC is 2nd >only to the B-25. The 742 is worse than many freeware VCs. >Absolutely atrocious. They don't have high graphics >standards. Messy, sloppy photoshop and hand drawing work. >>BTW, I've patched it and it still looks absolutely horrible. > Only DC-10 Fly to Hawaii looks worse in recent payware. >But some people don't care about looks, so take that for >what it's worth. >>The external models are both good, but the 742 is a real >drain on resources, yet no more detailed than the 727. I >get about 20 fps on the 727 and 5 on the 742. Unacceptable. > I would rather fly the RFP panel with the Posky 742 if I >liked the panel. >>The sound is awesome on the 727 and lousy on the 742. The >742 is just the MS 737-400 sound set with a couple of new >staticky, noisy samples substituted. Too rough sounding, >not loud enough on the exterior. The 727 is an all new >sound config file and it is sweet. >>The procedures are complex for both. The documentation and >support seems better for the 742. Systems modelling is good >for both, but probably even more complex on the 742. At >least the 742 seems extremely dedicated to improving the >product. They have a long way to go, though. >>Both fly well, but the 727 needs some tweaks to the aircraft >config file. The 742 flies well, but the frames are so >lousy that it turns into a slide show near SimFlyers >scenery. If you look to the forward left, expect a delay of >several seconds while the horrendously bad VC loads a >blocky, ugly view. >>You have to pay for 742 repaints while 727 repaints are free >a la DreamFleet. >>Overall, the CS 727 rates a 9 out of 10. The RFP is a 5 out >of 10. >>I'm just a sucker for Captain Sim products. They do very >nice work. >>The 727 has nice range to go fairly far (almost 2000 miles). > So you can do transcontinental flights in the 3 holer. One small correction, the CS727 doesn't use any Dreamfleet stuff ;)But I must admit, the TCE (Texture Editior) that comes with the CS727 is EXTREMELY user friendly and works great!!!My only complaint with the CS727 so far is that darn line that is in the fuselage where to 2 halves (front and back) connect. IMO this problem should not exist in a $36 product.My .02cI don't have the RFP yet (I'm watching this thread closely) so I can't comment on that particular package.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest John_Noppe

Oke, i have both packeges, and I have to say that I love them both, If you go for the VC, take the default FS birds for a spin! those VC's are the masters off al! :D, It is really if you like to fly long routes or short one's! long get the 742, short get the 727!I for one fly the 742 more but that is mainly becuz i am to laizy to instal the 727! lol! :DGreets out of Holland :-wave, John.

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks fellows!! I appreciate the help. Avsim has my order for the RFP 742 =) Gonna grab the 727 a bit later when some more money comes my way.

Let us know how you like it....

FS2020 

Guest ba747heavy

I sure will. Probably ship tomorrow on 4/6. At least I hope so :D Then it is a 2 day wait.......already it is unbarable :-lol

I have been following this thread since it appeared. I feel I have to weigh in at this time. I dont own the CS 727 think I will wait until DF releases theres. I do own the RFP and even before the patch I thought it was very nice. Since the patch it is now awesome. Follow all procedures or the engines will not start. That is what FS has needed true procedures not just half a$$ed simulation of them. I for one will be stuck on this aircraft for quite awhile. I hope most will explore this fine aircraft as I have been doing.Andrew

>I'm waiting for the Simsoft A310 as well... Ditto.But I did just buy the CS727 and the Ariane 737-300 :)lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I have the CS727 not the RFP742.I changed few things in order to enjoy it properly.First I added the aircraft.cfg by Spilot as posted in the AVSIM captainsim forum.Then I dumped the default sounds and added the Boeing 727, all JT8D variants sounds by Erick Cantu, Version 2.1b I think from flightsim.comLastly I modified the panel.cfg to have all views set to 0.5 zoom. The default .78 was too zoomed IMO.With the above tweaks its the best addon I have enjoyed on non glass cockpits so far.Kyprianos Biris :-cool[link:avsim.com/greece/hvacc]Hellenic vACChttp://vatsim-eur.org/images/VATSIM-EURs.gifhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Guest adlion944

Beyond the VC, the 2D panel is FS98 in graphics quality. Very shoddy Photoshop work. Have they fixed that too? I thought they only fixed the VC. I think I've got it patched up to date and it still looks terrible and the frames are awful.I don't care how well something flies or how nicely the systems are modelled. If the frames suck and the panel hurts the "immersion faction", then I'm not flying it.

Guest ba747heavy

Thanks for the comments again! The RFP 747-200 shipped today (4/7) I am eagerly awaiting it's delivery. I will report back after I get it!Thanks again