Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

The CS 727 and the RFP 742

Before you even look at it make sure you patch it first...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest ba747heavy

I sure will, the patch is sitting on my HDD as we speak :D

Guest ba747heavy

Well Fellas, I got her! All I can say is w00t!!I just flew her around the pattern at KORD. I didn't mess with any knobs, buttons, or anything else(kinda intimidating ;-))She handled very docile. I have no idea if that is how the real plane flies, but I could get used to it =) In the VC, the FPS sucked. I went from 23(locked at 23) to 10 FPS. Same with the external view. However, the plane is very detailed, and the VC had alright textures. Couldn't figure out how to walk down the spiral staircase with Active Camera 1.3, but that doesn't matter.The 2D panel views were childish and inconsistent. However, I am willing to overlook those inconsistencies because of the level of system modeling present(as the manuals indicate.) I disliked the mix of real world graphics and drawings from the 742 manual(all views except front). I am somewhat impressed, the visuals need attention. Now to learn the systems, adios!

Hows the external model compared to some of the other payware aircraft out there?

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest ba747heavy

Well, I don't have many recent payware models to compare it to(only the PSS A320 and the PSS Dash8.) However, it seems to be plenty detailed. I walked down the length of the plane, from the bottom, and I was impressed. The wheel wells look splendid, and the wheel retraction is great. The pitot tubes are there, and the flaps are detailed. IMHO, it is fine :) But it eats a ton 'o FPS.I will take some piccies and post them in the SS forum sometimes tomorrow.

Make sure you have the patch installed... Like I mentioned above the plane (RFP) is bad on frames. You might want to invest in the ATI Radeon 9700pro, that will solve your framerate problems (this video card will also give you a jump on FS2004). I found improved frame rates with the patch versus what I had in the original release but I did upgrade my video card from a Geforce4 TI 4200. Don't get me wrong I'm not telling you to get a new card for one addon, you'll notice a substantial improvement over all and you'll find it's well worth the money.I have to make this point... If you would have went with the CS 727 you would have had no frame rate problems whatsoever and judgeing by your observations above you would have been much happier. I tried to tell you... Give the 747-200 a chance, you'll grow to love this plane and you can adjust the 2D side views where they flow a little better when you look around useing them. Copy Past this info into your (patched) panel.cfg file (you'll have to overwrite what's already there) and your 2D side views should be positioned correctly...Path:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002aircraftFSFSCONVVMAX_PANELConfig replacement info:[Views]VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.9VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=05.5, 0.0, 00.0VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,RADIO_STACK_PANEL,20,COMPASS_PANEL// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_WINDOWS=30VIEW_FORWARD_RIGHT_DIR=-1.0, 0.0, 45.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_RIGHT_WINDOWS=31VIEW_RIGHT_DIR=07.0, 0.0, 105.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_RIGHT_WINDOWS=32// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_REAR_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_REAR_WINDOWS=33// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_REAR_LEFT_ZOOM=0.6VIEW_REAR_LEFT_WINDOWS=34VIEW_REAR_LEFT_DIR=-4.0, 0.0, 245.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_LEFT_WINDOWS=35VIEW_LEFT_DIR=0.0, 0.0, 270.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_WINDOWS=36VIEW_FORWARD_LEFT_DIR=-2.0, 0.0, 315.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------VIEW_UP_ZOOM=1.0VIEW_UP_WINDOWS=37VIEW_UP_DIR=08.0, 0.0, 0.0// --------------------------------------------------------------------

FS2020 

Guest ba747heavy

;-) Don't get me wrong, I am in love with this thing! I was just stating that the 2D views leave alot to be desired. :D:-beerchug

Take a look at the VC at night. This was a suggestion of mine to VMAX after looking the the Meljet cabin, and they did it (night textures in the cabine, you should have seen how it looked before).

FS2020 

Guest ba747heavy

2D Panels, I meant to say in that post. A classic case of fingers moving too fast for there own good ;-) BTW, I like the VC, it is nice, and the Virtual Cabin is a nice thing as well(if I could only figure out how to move down the spiral staircase) :DTo clairfy, I like the 2D views and the VC. But the 2D Panels are what needs to be fixed, and is what I stated in my original post. I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to everyone who wants a real plane :)

Ctrl-Enter or Backspace should move your views up and down. When on the lower deck, you won't be able to go all the way down to seat level (as if you were sitting the a seat) do to a limitaion in Active Camera's design. Should be fixed soon though.

FS2020