Sign in to follow this  
cjordan

Xml Engine Fire

I've been trying to start a fire using xml but with no luck, I have found the (A:Engine on Fire) to see if it is on fire, but can't seem to find how to start one. Does anyone have any suggestions?Thanks, Cal Jordan.

As far as I'm aware, there is no direct method to trigger an engine fire except via SimConnect, and that of course is limited to FSX.The (A:ENG ON FIRE:index,bool) tokens are listed as "Settable" in the "Simulation Variables" list of the SDK, but those aren't "Settable" via any known gauge techniques...There is of course a set of key_events to toggle an "Engine Falilure," but that doesn't seem to have the affect you are wanting.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi,I simulate an engine fire and extinguishers with custom L:Var's, some engine parameters, a few timers, a free elec-bus (light), a nice fire-effect (fx), alarmbell-sound and then a failure.Say: too long full throttle, temp too high, oilpressure too low etc. then toggle the light, fire-effect, bell and masterwarning etc, and when you don't extinguish in time (with possible restart) then engine failure.Is some work, but fun.Jan

Okay, I'll quit beating my head against the wall, and try the way you suggested. Thanks for the help.Cheers,Cal Jordan

Okay, I'll quit beating my head against the wall, and try the way you suggested. Thanks for the help.Cheers,Cal Jordan
I was thinking about doing the same, but I was wondering how to set the effect. As far as I know, in this context of engine fire simulation, only the effects associated with aircraft lights can be used. Am I wrong here?The other effects, such as wake, touchdown, contrails... can not be used here.Eric