Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

Virtual Panel Gauge Size

hi,I would like to increase the size of my virtual panel gauges.In the config panel, I have this (example)gauge20=Douglas_DC3!manifold, 319, 397, 81, 81I increased the last two figures assuming that they define the gauge size. Now, the gauge is bigger but only part of the gauge is showing at its location with other parts showing at other gauge locations. What is the solution?Thanks.

hi,I would like to increase the size of my virtual panel gauges.In the config panel, I have this (example)gauge20=Douglas_DC3!manifold, 319, 397, 81, 81I increased the last two figures assuming that they define the gauge size. Now, the gauge is bigger but only part of the gauge is showing at its location with other parts showing at other gauge locations. What is the solution?Thanks.
In this case I'm afraid there is no solution. It has to do with the way that the VC texture is mapped to the panel. You can't change it without the source files.

You can't change it without changing the 3D model.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

hi,Thank you for you replies. I thought it was possible because there are gauge size related parameters in the xml gauge file and the panel config file. But it turns out that I was flogging a dead horse...I'll put up with the virtual panel as it is. :(
Just to help you understand why, each gauge in a virtual cockpit requires a "projection polygon" (think of a small projection screen) that is fixed to a specific size in the model.The width and height of the gauge's panel.cfg entry will "size the gauge" to precisely fit the projection polygon....Or, another analogy is that you would have a hard time trying to put an 8x10 photograph in a 4x5 frame... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Just to help you understand why, each gauge in a virtual cockpit requires a "projection polygon" (think of a small projection screen) that is fixed to a specific size in the model.The width and height of the gauge's panel.cfg entry will "size the gauge" to precisely fit the projection polygon....Or, another analogy is that you would have a hard time trying to put an 8x10 photograph in a 4x5 frame... ;)
yes but I have already seen fat chicks in tight jeans :( There were missing gauges in the VC of my favourite aircraft (one of the two gauge files mising in the installation program). I was able to add all the gauges that I needed regardless of their size, without taking care of any size settings. They did show entirely but some of them were to small to my liking (or eyesight). I have even got one which is overzised. I am lucky because even though, I know nearly nothing in panels, I was successfull in editing a VC, except for some small gauges which are readable nevertheless.Thank you for your explanation.