Sign in to follow this  
Guest cliffie1931

How Do We Activate The Autothrottle?

Guest cliffie1931

After touch down I can't always turn the autothrottle off and consequently sometimes cannot land.As "Z" doesn't serve the purpose I try to activate one of the small black buttons on each side of the throttles (shown in the attachment). However nothing happens.Advice would be appreciated.Cliff

Guest OK65

Under the autopilot autoflight button you have two flip buttons..one of them disengage autothrottle function

Under the autopilot autoflight button you have two flip buttons..one of them disengage autothrottle function
Although those buttons you mention would disengage ATS functions, using them is NOT the correct way to operate the aircraft. To correctly disengage the autothrottles, use the buttons located on either side of the throttle. I don't believe the throttle buttons are functional in the 2d panel, I do know they work in the virtual cockpit.What you'll need to do is go to the add-ons menu in FSX and then find the PMDG section. Select key binding in the PMDG menu. Then locate throttle section and bind a key to "Disengage ATS."

Guys, the correct way is to assign keys to the "soft" AP and AT disconnect functions via the PMDG menu. The flipper switches under the AUTOFLIGHT button should NOT be touched in normal operation of the MD-11.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Furthermore, you do not need to disconnect ATS manually before touchdown as the system will go to idle itself. ATS will then disconnect automatically once you select reverse.As has been said, do NOT touch the disconnect switches on the FCP ever in normal operations.Markus

Markus Burkhard