Sign in to follow this  
krishcanag

Post Your Fps As Running Thread

HiI thought it might be a good idea to have anyone that want's too to post their fps at 2 specific locations from spot view, default boeing aircraft1. EGLL parked2. JFK parkedkrishan

HiI thought it might be a good idea to have anyone that want's too to post their fps at 2 specific locations from spot view, default boeing aircraft1. EGLL parked2. JFK parkedkrishan
Settings:Res: 1680 x 1050 x32Scenery Complexity: Extremely DenseAutogen: DenseTexure Res: 15cmMesh Res: 10mMesh Complex: 81Water: low 2.xTraffic: 32, 32, low, 11, 20, 23EGGL at Gate 1 looking 45 degrees from front with several MyTraffic aircraft also in view. 29 to 34 FPSJFK at runway 13R looking at the terminals: ~26 FPSBoth have REX clouds - fair weather theme.Intel I7 at 3.4Ghz and 3GB of slow RAM. 800GT video.

Settings:Res: 1680 x 1050 x32Scenery Complexity: Extremely DenseAutogen: DenseTexure Res: 15cmMesh Res: 10mMesh Complex: 81Water: low 2.xTraffic: 32, 32, low, 11, 20, 23EGGL at Gate 1 looking 45 degrees from front with several MyTraffic aircraft also in view. 29 to 34 FPSJFK at runway 13R looking at the terminals: ~26 FPSBoth have REX clouds - fair weather theme.Intel I7 at 3.4Ghz and 3GB of slow RAM. 800GT video.
Nice!what's with the "Traffic: 32, 32, low, 11, 20, 23" line what does it mean, are you using MY TRAFFIC?

Nice!what's with the "Traffic: 32, 32, low, 11, 20, 23" line what does it mean, are you using MY TRAFFIC?
MyTraffic is a traffic addon (Payware) that adds much more and realistic traffic levels to the sim then default AI traffic, Traffic X (Payware) is similar in that it provides traffic at a realistic level but not necessarily with real world flightplans. Ultimate Traffic (Payware) on the other hand is built with real world flight schedule and plans (At the time of the creation of the database). World of AI (WOAI) also uses real world flight schedules and cover most major airlines and many, but not all minor ones, (and more and more are added just about every week, out of all the options WOAI updates their offerings much more often) and it also has the benefit of being free. It's only downside is each airline package must be downloaded separately. This is what I use!!! This is one reason frame rates will vary from user to user. I get about 17-20 at JFK with default 744 (I normally use more complex aircraft and get 2 thirds that at these locations) but I probably have more traffic than you do if you are only using default AI.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

MyTraffic is a traffic addon (Payware) that adds much more and realistic traffic levels to the sim then default AI traffic, Traffic X (Payware) is similar in that it provides traffic at a realistic level but not necessarily with real world flightplans. Ultimate Traffic (Payware) on the other hand is built with real world flight schedule and plans (At the time of the creation of the database). World of AI (WOAI) also uses real world flight schedules and cover most major airlines and many, but not all minor ones, (and more and more are added just about every week, out of all the options WOAI updates their offerings much more often) and it also has the benefit of being free. It's only downside is each airline package must be downloaded separately. This is what I use!!! This is one reason frame rates will vary from user to user. I get about 17-20 at JFK with default 744 (I normally use more complex aircraft and get 2 thirds that at these locations) but I probably have more traffic than you do if you are only using default AI.
I use traffic X set at 69% which brings my fps down fast only after loaded traffic X SP1, with just traffic X from the CD I get the traffic on the ground but not much happening up there, with SP1 things are OK, still nothing like traffic 2005 which I use for FS2004, on the whole, if the secenry was not so good on FSX I would stick with FS2004 any day.

Guest kwilson

EGLL:30fpsKJFK:35fpsoutside view of default 747, zoom 0.30 and no traffic (except cars and boats at about 12%).

EGLL:30fpsKJFK:35fpsoutside view of default 747, zoom 0.30 and no traffic (except cars and boats at about 12%).
could you post your specs and any add-ons ie. scenary, traffic etc.

Settings (I demand a lot from my system):LOD Radius: LargeMesh Complexity: 90Mesh Resolution: 5 mTexture Resolution: 15 cmWater Effects: Max 2.xBoth Land Detail and Ground Scenery Shadows CheckedScenery Complexity: Extremely DenseAutogen Density: Extremely DenseSpecial Effects Detail: HighTraffic:70/50/Maximum/20/100/40Graphics:1280x1024x32Lens FlareAdvanced AnimationsAnisotropic Filtering w/AA (nHancer AND In-Game)Target FPS: UnlimitedWeather: Ultra HighAircraft Tab:All 3 checkboxes tickedAISmooth 1.2 running, and AFCADs for both airports are present, Fair Weather ThemeEGLL w/B737-800: 9-29 FPSKJFK w/B737-800: 12-29 FPSWhen I let FSX pick the settings for me (sliders at Ultra High rather than Custom), the frames are 10-15 FPS higher. Can anyone help me get a good balance of quality and frames by reviewing my settings and telling me which ones to change?Thanks.Happy Holidays!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

BOEINGGUYI note you have installed FSX + add-ons not on vista drive, wish I knew just how much extra performance that brings. My 3DMARK06 score is 16000+ but then FSX is CPU not GPU.I have so far found adding FSUIPC4.40 reduces my FPS a few and adding traffic X SP1 also reduces it a few so at EGLL parked spot view what was 20 to 25 comes down to 10-19 fps, why is FSUIPC affecting fps!!!???krishan

Guest Nick_N
Can anyone help me get a good balance of quality and frames by reviewing my settings and telling me which ones to change?Thanks.Happy Holidays!
FSX TUNINGhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=28735&PN=2http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=163716#163716FOLLOW THE LINK(s) IN THE FIRST POSTSET UP FSX EXACTLY AS I POSTED BY SLIDERS/CHECKBOXES and NHANCER (DO IT ALL HOW I LISTED) THEN...READ BOTH POSTS AND TUNE BY REDUCING SLIDERS AND EDITING THE FSX.CFG BASED ON WHAT I MENTION IN SETTINGS CHANGES FOR FASTER/SLOWER SYSTEMSSlower systems can reduce Nhancer AA to COMBINED 4xS or instead MULTI 4x....and do make a backup of your current config so if you cant seem to get things trimmed in you can return to what you have now quickly and without issues

BOEINGGUYI note you have installed FSX + add-ons not on vista drive, wish I knew just how much extra performance that brings. My 3DMARK06 score is 16000+ but then FSX is CPU not GPU.I have so far found adding FSUIPC4.40 reduces my FPS a few and adding traffic X SP1 also reduces it a few so at EGLL parked spot view what was 20 to 25 comes down to 10-19 fps, why is FSUIPC affecting fps!!!???krishan
Krishan, I have noticed a perf. increase in FSX while using a separate hard drive. I've noticed at least a 5-7 FPS gain, especially when defragmented.
FSX TUNINGhttp://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...=28735&PN=2http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=163716#163716FOLLOW THE LINK(s) IN THE FIRST POSTSET UP FSX EXACTLY AS I POSTED BY SLIDERS/CHECKBOXES and NHANCER (DO IT ALL HOW I LISTED) THEN...READ BOTH POSTS AND TUNE BY REDUCING SLIDERS AND EDITING THE FSX.CFG BASED ON WHAT I MENTION IN SETTINGS CHANGES FOR FASTER/SLOWER SYSTEMSSlower systems can reduce Nhancer AA to COMBINED 4xS or instead MULTI 4x....and do make a backup of your current config so if you cant seem to get things trimmed in you can return to what you have now quickly and without issues
Thanks very much for the links and tweaks Nick, I will give those a go!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest kwilson
could you post your specs and any add-ons ie. scenary, traffic etc.
Intel 8500 @ 3.16Ghz4MB Corsair Twin2X1024MS XP Home SP3Asus 9600GT 1GB ramSeagate Barracuda 500GB HDFSX SETTINGSUnless specified otherwise all settings are offGRAPHICSFrame rate : Unlimited1680x1050 resolutionAnisotropic FilterAnti Alias onGlobal Text Resoultion: Very HighAdvanced Anims : ONAIRCRAFT3-d VCHigh Red 3-d cockpit : TickedAircraft Landing Lights : TickedSCENERYLOD radius: LargeMesh Complex : 100Mesh Res : 19mTexture Res : 15cmWater FX : Low 2.xLand Detail Textures : tickedScenery Complexity : Extremely DenseAutogen Density : NormalSpeacl FX detail : HighWEATHERCload Draw Distance : 60miThermal Vis : NoneDetailed CloudsCloud Cover : HighTRAFFIC:Aviation Traffic 100%,100%,0%Land Sea Traffic 9%, 8%, 7%Addons Installed:ORBX Australian textures ORBX Au traffic (I have disabled the stock traffic so I don't have any outside Australia)Note:I don't have any crap on my system which starts up and then sits there and waits. ie no MS Office, Adobe Acrobat. I have OpenOffice but even that will partially load up on startup so I have disabled that. It takes a bit longer for OpenOffice to start but I can live with that. I have also disabled "Allow Indexing Service to index this disk for fast file searching" on my HD