Sign in to follow this  
GMFM

Voxatc Transparent Gauge

Hi. Does anyone knows if it is possible to set the background colour of the VoxATC to "transparent"? More like the default ATC window of FSX. If so, I would appreciate some instructions.I originally downloaded the trial version and subsequently ordered the DVD with the four voices (US and UK) package. Installation was a breeze; updating all of my planes straight forward, etc. I spent a lot of time voice training on default flights and others I have stored. So far I am delighted with the product.Thank you in anticipation for your help

In the FS9 version, no there is not a way to make the prompter transparent and Tegwyn tried many, many tricks to make it possible. In the FSX version the prompter is transparent but since the way VoxATC works in FSX is so different the methodology cannot be used in FS9.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am using WinXP/SP3, FSX/SP1 and VoxATC v5.55. My OS is very much up-to-date, although not very powerfull (soon to be changed!).You said that in FSX it is transparent, but not in my installation. I am referring to the VoxATC gauge/window, where the background is black, text in various colours depending on what is going on (all customisable). If you know how to change the background to semi-transparent I would be very grateful.Thanks.

It looks like there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am using WinXP/SP3, FSX/SP1 and VoxATC v5.55. My OS is very much up-to-date, although not very powerfull (soon to be changed!).You said that in FSX it is transparent, but not in my installation. I am referring to the VoxATC gauge/window, where the background is black, text in various colours depending on what is going on (all customisable). If you know how to change the background to semi-transparent I would be very grateful.Thanks.
This will sometimes happen if you have modified a panel in FSX and the VoxATC entry gets altered. Is this happening on all aircraft or a specific one? Are you undocking the VoxATC window? If we are dealing with a modified panel entry you can remove the VoxATC entry in the panel cfg file and re-run the VoxATC panel manager so the program will re-enter the vagauge properly so it shows as intended.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Although all of my installations were ok in the first place, I did as you suggested to no avail. The background of the VoxATC window is of any colour I choose but transparent, black by default. I wonder if it is possible at all as I cannot find any information in the manual. I did try with the window docked and undocked, but just the same.May I ask you, is your VATC transparent? and if so, can you change the background? Are you running XP or Vista?I understand that a new version is only days or few weeks away; maybe there is something there on this subject. We'll see!

I got in touch with VoxATC, Bob. He was quite convinced that the problem is not their software, as by default the gauge should be transparent. He thought that the problem lies on either the graphic card driver being out of date or the build of DX9.Well, I updated the driver for the graphic card (not much of a graphic card though, I'm running on a laptop!). I also updated the build for DX 9.0c. Additionally, deleted all versions of .NET and re-installed .NET Framework 2.0; although version 3.5 is already available - As I was unsure , I left that for the future.All boils down to: the gauge remains as 'black background', NOT trasnparent! Bother! :( Any ideas. There got to be a genius among all of you.... surely! :( Thanks

Although all of my installations were ok in the first place, I did as you suggested to no avail. The background of the VoxATC window is of any colour I choose but transparent, black by default. I wonder if it is possible at all as I cannot find any information in the manual. I did try with the window docked and undocked, but just the same.May I ask you, is your VATC transparent? and if so, can you change the background? Are you running XP or Vista?I understand that a new version is only days or few weeks away; maybe there is something there on this subject. We'll see!
My VoxATC X prompter is transparent. If I undock it it will be black background. If I have modified a panel in FS Panel Studio that has the VoxATC vagauge installed the way FS Panel Studio alters the entry will cause the VoxATC X prompter to have a black background, that is why I suggested looking into the panel cfg file itself.Again, is this any and all aircraft you attempt to use in FSX or a specific one? Could you upload a zipped file with the panel.cfg file from one of the default FSX aircraft that you are seeing this problem with for me to review?

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

My FSX installation is the default one, no modifications have been made. The two additions are one of Carenado planes C182RG and the training files from Wiley's site to compliment their book "MSFS for pilots -Real World Training".Beside that, would you mind telling me specifically which files you want. I think I know how to navigate there but not sure which ones to pick.I have had a peep at a panel .cfg file but have no idea what am I supposed to look at. I'm a bit lost here! Thank you for your help.

GMFM,If you know how to navigate to the panel folder and then copy a panel.cfg file into a zip file do that and attach that zipped file to this thread so I can review it. Make sure that the panel file you attach is from an aircraft that you are seeing this problem with.I will repeat the question I have been asking, are you seeing this with any and all aircraft in FSX or just one or a few in particular? Second, I asked earlier for you to zip up one of the suspect panel.cfg files and attach it. I realize that you probably don't know what you would be looking for in one of these files and it would be confusing and probably a lengthy set of back and forth discussions trying to explain within this post, hence the request to just send one of them. I am trying to help but you need to follow what I am asking for so I can help you.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

GMFM,If you know how to navigate to the panel folder and then copy a panel.cfg file into a zip file do that and attach that zipped file to this thread so I can review it. Make sure that the panel file you attach is from an aircraft that you are seeing this problem with.I will repeat the question I have been asking, are you seeing this with any and all aircraft in FSX or just one or a few in particular? Second, I asked earlier for you to zip up one of the suspect panel.cfg files and attach it. I realize that you probably don't know what you would be looking for in one of these files and it would be confusing and probably a lengthy set of back and forth discussions trying to explain within this post, hence the request to just send one of them. I am trying to help but you need to follow what I am asking for so I can help you.
I'm having the problem on every single airplane. All the FSX default planes and the ones from Carenado.Find attached two panel.cfg files. The RG is from Carenado and the other is a default one.Thank you for your support.