Sign in to follow this  
Guest cuizinier

Vrs F/a18e Is Out !

Guest cuizinier

HelloI was reading the aerosoft F-16 review thinking that it is sad that no modern jet fighter with this kind of sophisticated system modelled is available for FS9 and then went to VRS website as I do regularly since one month. And here is the good news (I hope it is a good news)check it out ! http://www.vrsimulations.com/index.htmAny feedback on this plane is welcome... I will do so as soon as I find time to buy and fly itcheersJulien

So far I have done the tutorial flight and a ferry flight it is very in depth aircraft that will take me a while to fully understand. It locks on the VOR and has them act as enmy SAM and you can launch your weapons and that affects the way the aircraft fly's. I have only scratched the surface of this brilliant airplane. Some have mentioned that it is heavy on frames but that hasnt been the case for me. Very complete military jet for MSFS. Lots of reading is nescessary.Andrew

So far I have done the tutorial flight and a ferry flight it is very in depth aircraft that will take me a while to fully understand. It locks on the VOR and has them act as enmy SAM and you can launch your weapons and that affects the way the aircraft fly's. I have only scratched the surface of this brilliant airplane. Some have mentioned that it is heavy on frames but that hasnt been the case for me. Very complete military jet for MSFS. Lots of reading is nescessary.Andrew
Guys, I beta tested this bird and its the best commercial addon ever for FS in terms of system fidelity.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I agree with you. It is the best I have flown yet.Season's GreetingsEd
Same here.it overdoes PMDG as far as complexity goes for a plane.the enemy thread SAM stuff is just one cool feature :)

Wow this looks nice I'll have to check it out.Anybody know if there developing any other fighters?CheersRichy

Oooops sorry Ive just read it was in development for 3 years so ill take my last question as a no.Defnately gonna buy this one.Now all I need is a Tomcat with this amount of detail.Richy

This looks AMAZING! I had a few aircraft and airport scenery purchases lined up, post-Christmas, but this product has entered the list at number one.

Guest cuizinier

Ok so it is a good news indeedthanks for you repliesregarding its impact on frame rates ... how does it compare to other complex aircrafts like PMDG's 747 or Flight1 ATR72 ? Julien

Wow!! The more I look at this the more I want it.Look at that aircraft manager : Weapons loadout , fuel, failures , CARRIER OPS and customize the reflections and little details that make a great aircraft.And on top of that the air to air refuelling looks amazing and the modelling and avionics look to be some of the best.All i need is the money to get it now.Sorry i keep posting but i keep discovering things about this jet that make me want it even more!Richy

Ok so it is a good news indeedthanks for you repliesregarding its impact on frame rates ... how does it compare to other complex aircrafts like PMDG's 747 or Flight1 ATR72 ? Julien
hmm as far as that goes, its about the same, if not a bit better.

Yeah the frames are good for me I had some drop when the sun set but it wasnt too bad. I dont fly at night that much because I find the performance drops and there is nothing to look at so it wont be much of a problem for me. My computer is pretty strong so the PMDG and ATR are really good. The VRS Bug is about the same.

Guest cuizinier

Just to add my two cents about this aircraft now that I have flown a little with itIt is an absolute joy. Exterior model (with everything animated), systems, 2D and VC are amazing (with collimated and fully functional HUD). It is a pleasure to fly (with to my knowledge the first implementation of fly by wire in FS). All this would make it a gorgeous add-on definitely worth buying but there is more !Weapon system are modelled, meaning you can track an AI aircraft using the radar and shoot it down. you can also use them to refuel in flight, you can also perform air to ground strike. You can also by designating a ground navaid into a anti aerial weapon create a hostility zone were you have to defend yourself.Just 2 things you must have in mind before buying:1- it require a powerful processor, performance is similar to other complex add-on ATR-72 or PMDG 747... but you must be aware that as the aircraft is far more responsive than these other examples, it is harder to cope with framerate drops. I could live with 12 FPS with the 747 approaching a complex airport but for this bird you will need to avoid going too low. Just to give you and idea of what to expect:My FS 9 is maxed out and run with Skai traffic (30%), FSG LOD 9 mesh, AS, GE, FE, UT-USA+Canada + occasional complex airport (ie Fly tampa KSEA for instance) I fly from VC (track-IR) with real weather so it is overcast (the more demanding weather condition) more often than not these days. I run with AA4X, AF16x @ 1680x1050 ( m system : AMD X2-6400 - 3,2 Ghz, 2 Go RAM, Radeon HD3850-256 Mo) I get around 15 FPS outbound fly tampa KSEA in overcast condition and once in the air (20 sec after rotation) it reach rapidly my 22 FPS limit. FPS is at 22 FPS outside complex airport and blurries are not an issue outside photoreal sceneries2- It is a complex aircraft and you will spend time learning to fly it. This add-on is unique in many way, it add a new sim within FS, I hope it will have the success it deserve.cheersJulien

Guest FSJUNKIE
Just to add my two cents about this aircraft now that I have flown a little with itIt is an absolute joy. Exterior model (with everything animated), systems, 2D and VC are amazing (with collimated and fully functional HUD). It is a pleasure to fly (with to my knowledge the first implementation of fly by wire in FS). All this would make it a gorgeous add-on definitely worth buying but there is more !Weapon system are modelled, meaning you can track an AI aircraft using the radar and shoot it down. you can also use them to refuel in flight, you can also perform air to ground strike. You can also by designating a ground navaid into a anti aerial weapon create a hostility zone were you have to defend yourself.Just 2 things you must have in mind before buying:1- it require a powerful processor, performance is similar to other complex add-on ATR-72 or PMDG 747... but you must be aware that as the aircraft is far more responsive than these other examples, it is harder to cope with framerate drops. I could live with 12 FPS with the 747 approaching a complex airport but for this bird you will need to avoid going too low. Just to give you and idea of what to expect:My FS 9 is maxed out and run with Skai traffic (30%), FSG LOD 9 mesh, AS, GE, FE, UT-USA+Canada + occasional complex airport (ie Fly tampa KSEA for instance) I fly from VC (track-IR) with real weather so it is overcast (the more demanding weather condition) more often than not these days. I run with AA4X, AF16x @ 1680x1050 ( m system : AMD X2-6400 - 3,2 Ghz, 2 Go RAM, Radeon HD3850-256 Mo) I get around 15 FPS outbound fly tampa KSEA in overcast condition and once in the air (20 sec after rotation) it reach rapidly my 22 FPS limit. FPS is at 22 FPS outside complex airport and blurries are not an issue outside photoreal sceneries2- It is a complex aircraft and you will spend time learning to fly it. This add-on is unique in many way, it add a new sim within FS, I hope it will have the success it deserve.cheersJulien
Julien, you were right on point with your "two things to have in mind." Well, I just collected another piece of software that is going to have to wait until I get a new rig one day! I walked away from simming for nearly a year due to just one day getting tired of "tweaking" more than flying. This wasn't the bird to come back to (LOL)! The good news is that after my frustration with my unacceptably low frames, flying my other birds (including the Queen of the Skies) seemed silky smooth! It looks like I'll be one of those old timers flying the release prior to the release PRIOR to the last release of Flight Sim. :(

Guest cuizinier

Just to add two small info concerning the bug. 1- A service pack is to be released soon and the dev team has announced an improvement for framerate. I will keep you updated on this one..2- some very nice videos showing the buga promotional one :

and a flight model demo : http://www.vimeo.com/2935654cheersJulien