Sign in to follow this  
Joe L

? On Asa Install / Upgrade

I see the main page is getting closer . . . :( I have ASX installed on a client machine. I have ended up not using it much because it seems I have more CTDs when using it (not saying it is a product issue). I had anticipated installing ASA on my host machine, but reading the upgrade rules it seems that this will not be possible?Also, if I did install on the host, does it involve minimizing FSX? I run full screen and can not seem to minimize or go to windowed mode and back without a lock up or crash.Thanks for any input.Joe

Joe Lorenc

Hi Joe,You can still install ASA on a client machine. However to use this, ASA will need to be installed on the same machine as X Graphics:ENHANCED GRAPHICS INTEGRATION WITH XG and ASG:ASA includes a new Graphics Snapshot system to manage your graphics states, which automatically integrates things together with any graphics add-on or combination of add-ons. To use this system, you must

Hi Jim,Thanks for the reply.So if upgrading I MUST install on the client (where my ASX is)?I have tried "full screen" windowed mode, just can not get used to it. AS6 and a competing product seem to do ok over WideFS, but it seems something in my setup causes crashes w/ a client with simconnect/ ASX. I can run for hours in the MD11 or LvlD 767 until I try weather via simconnect through a client. Then I usually can not even get to pre-flighted and to the RWY. Have not tried in windowed mode, but will. Running an e8600 (it is OC'd to 4.0Ghz), 4g Ram, GTX9800+.I was hoping to install on the host to see if it proved less troublesome.Only been hard core FSX for about 60 days, and have pretty much given up on FS9 for now.Happy Holidays.Joe

Joe Lorenc

Hi Joe,For the discounted ASA version to recognize ASX they must be on the same machine.If you want to try ASA on your main FS machine, then you could install ASX on the main, install the discounted ASA on the main machine, and then uninstall ASX.Thanks,