Sign in to follow this  
Guest whiteape

Importing Default Fsx C172 Into Fs9?

Guest whiteape

OK, so if FS9 aircraft are importable to FSX, then shouldnt FSX aircraft be able to go to FS2004? The reason I am asking is because I would very much like to use the default G1000 C172 of FSX in FS9. Yes, I know I can buy G1000 add ons for FS9 that you can put into a 2D panel, but I ONLY fly in the VC, its just what I do, and you cant just edit a VC easily and add a gauge into it, in fact, I have no clue how to do it! So, if anybody has any insight on this, please, let me know! Thank you very much.

FSX has "split" the model into two parts: exterior and interior. Part of the reason for this is for improved performance, but a larger part has to do with the new animation system.FS9 has one model file with both exterior and interior.That's about as simple as I can make it. The two formats are entirely incompatible.The same thing holds true for the new XML schema for gauges. FSX has an entirely new schema that isn't supported in FS9......therefore the FSX G1000 cannot be run in FS9.ADDITIONAL INFO: There have been any number of FS9 compatible G1000 systems have been scripted, some freeware, most payware.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi whiteape.

OK, so if FS9 aircraft are importable to FSX, then shouldnt FSX aircraft be able to go to FS2004? The reason I am asking is because I would very much like to use the default G1000 C172 of FSX in FS9. Yes, I know I can buy G1000 add ons for FS9 that you can put into a 2D panel, but I ONLY fly in the VC, its just what I do, and you cant just edit a VC easily and add a gauge into it, in fact, I have no clue how to do it! So, if anybody has any insight on this, please, let me know! Thank you very much.
While you cannot import aircraft from FSX to FS9, you CAN get a G1000 in a FS9-172. Do a Search here at AVSIM and see if you can get the message / information. Post here if you need more help.Here is a pic that I posted a while back showing the Display Error of the Perfect Vista OS, unrelated, of the G1000 that I incorporated in an aircraft that I designed. Post here if you need more info. TV

Guest whiteape
Hi whiteape.While you cannot import aircraft from FSX to FS9, you CAN get a G1000 in a FS9-172. Do a Search here at AVSIM and see if you can get the message / information. Post here if you need more help.Here is a pic that I posted a while back showing the Display Error of the Perfect Vista OS, unrelated, of the G1000 that I incorporated in an aircraft that I designed. Post here if you need more info. TV
Thanks everyone for the replies. Avcomware, I do not understand what you want me to look for. Is it a G1000 gauge or an aircraft? Anyways, if you know how to alter VC's, maybe you could to that for me.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Avcomware, I do not understand what you want me to look for. Is it a G1000 gauge or an aircraft? Anyways, if you know how to alter VC's, maybe you could to that for me.
It is not possible to alter the VC in an FS9 model without the source file (.max or .gmax).For that matter, it cannot be done in FSX models either, but at least the FSX 172 G1000 model already exists. ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator