Sign in to follow this  
Guest coops

Asx Problems

Guest coops

Hi, Gereat product but I need a little help. I recently converted to FSX and went from AS6 to ASX. I have Windows XP and SP2 installed for FSX. I read the entire manual and I am having problems downloading weather into FSXCheck me and see if I am missing anything1) Turn on ASX2) Go to Briefing and import a flight plan. Download graphics3) start FSX..pick plane/location...and hit FLY button4) start up Radar ContactRadar contact is just mentioned for completeness as it has no effect on my problem. I notice that when I start at the airport, it's weather and winds are not what is reported in MAP on ASX. The winds are off quite a bit (not the magnetic heading vs true heading problem) and intesity. I notice that there are no errors in ASX as far as downloading weather but it simply does not translate to FSX. I even hit the REFRESH button and the weather will not change in FSX. Not sure what is going on here. Can someone suggest a few things I can check? I have FSUIPC 4.x installed as a freeware (not registeres). There is a button that says "Turn Weather Off" which I tried to no avail. It funny because I did shut down FSX and restarted and the weather was then correctly represented but I haven't been able to get lucky again. Am I missing a step here?

Hi coops,It could be that you are not giving FSX-ASX enough time to process all the data. Your startup procedure is correct, but after you hit the Fly button and your flight loads, you need to give everything up to 5 minutes to load and process. Would you say that you are waiting this long at your departing airport?Please let us know about this!Thanks,

Guest coops
Hi coops,It could be that you are not giving FSX-ASX enough time to process all the data. Your startup procedure is correct, but after you hit the Fly button and your flight loads, you need to give everything up to 5 minutes to load and process. Would you say that you are waiting this long at your departing airport?Please let us know about this!Thanks,
Yes definitely. I am using the Wilco A320 and so I start from cold and dark. It takes me well over 5 minutes to get her up and running. I am starting Radar contact right away and so the ATIS represents wrong info but when I do a SHIFT-Z I notice it is giving me the correct winds according to what is in the SIM but NOT in ASX. The sim simply does not change. Above all, my destination weather (5 hours later) is incorrect as well. I have a feeling something is not connecting right but I don't see it in the streaming log on the first ASX page. It looks normal. Is it SP2 or the FSUPIC? How can I troubleshoot?

Hi,Post your xengine.log file. That might help. What Build is your ASX?After you start ASX and FSX look on the FSX weather screen and see if weather is set to User Defined.Edit: Do you have Windows Messenger installed? I am on right now and could "chat" about this.Thanks,

Guest coops

Where would I find xengine.log? Not sure how to set up the chat? I can tell you that FSX is in UserDefined mode.

Hi,Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/XEngineDon't worry about chat!In that XEngine folder open the ASX sub folder and also post the ASX.cfg file.Thanks!

Guest coops

OK..I'm on right now. Flight from KJFK - LSZHIstarted Active SKY (Build 1169) and I loaded route. It loaded Graphics and everything looks ok.I started FSX and chose JFK/plane/etc. Weather is USERDEFINED. Hit FLY and then went to FSUPIC to shut off weather setting.Took a look at SHIFT-Z and winds are blowing mag 14 @ 0 (but it kicks up to 22 kts and then gowes back to 0 which may indicate a gust from 0 to 22 knts).KJFK weather is reading KJFK 222051Z 28017G23KT 10SM FEW055 M03/M16 A3013 RMK AO2 PK WND 30028/2002 RMK INTERPOLATEDPretty windy but there should be a sustained wind of 17 comming from 280. I have 14 in the sim.Here's the Main Screen page as of now after 20 minutes or more of waiting with the sim open14:22:49: Populating weather stream with new data...14:22:49: Parsing line items14:24:23: 7981 stations were scanned (489 did not provide recent data)14:24:23: Weather stream fully populated with new data14:25:04: Synthesis updated...14:29:24: Downloading global weather data for 12/22/2008 9:29:24 PM (21Z) from Secondary Server...14:29:27: Saving weather to disk14:29:58: Download complete14:29:58: Populating weather stream with new data...14:29:58: Parsing line items14:31:27: Synthesis updated...14:31:31: 7981 stations were scanned (492 did not provide recent data)14:31:31: Weather stream fully populated with new dataHere is where the plot thickens. The folder path you mention below does not exist past my user name. There is no application Data directory. I can tell you that I have FSX installed on my D dir which is a seperate hardrive I use just for Flight Sim (my OS is on my C drive). Consequently I also installed ASX and Graphics on my D drive as well in order to speed up the transfer (faster drive). My ASX dir is as follows D:/Program Files/HiFi/XEngine. In here I do not see either one of the files you are requesting and as I mentioned earlier, my C drive does not have the dir path you asked me to look through. Was I not supposed to load ASX on to my D drive?

Hi,For your folder options make sure that Show hidden files and folders is On.No, your install path is fine.You have SP1 for FSX installed correct?What anti-virus are you using?Thanks,

Guest coops

No hidden files and folders are ON I installed SP1 and SP2. I assume it works with SP2 installed?No Antivirus. I only have Win XP Firewall on. I don't see these files anywhere. Take a look at the attachment I sent. It has 2 screenshots of the HiFi dir and ASX dir.

Hi,Hidden files and folders may be on for one folder but not for all folders, so lets try this:do a file search for XEngine.log using search system folders and search hidden files and folders and search sub folders On.We'll go one file at a time.

Guest coops

OK...I'm an idiot. I know what I did wrong and I found the files They are attached

Hi,FSX was started at 14:12At 14:15 there was a new download.At 14:17 you moved in FSX.At 14:22 another download.At 14:29 download.So, I don't think you are giving things enough time. I suggest this:Start ASX, plan your flight, then start FSX.Sit at that one airport for 5 minutes and don't do anything in FSX or ASX.Then see what happens.Your settings are good, but one suggestion would be to turn On High Priority Processes.What are you system specs?Thanks,

Guest coops

Hi, Appreciate your help but I've had FSX and asx on for a few hours now and I haven't left the gate. The winds have not changed at all and they are still at way off of what ASX is reporting. I don't have High Priority Processes on and I am not sure how that helps but I will try. My specs are excellent. Not top of the line but very close. I can run on about 15 to 20 FPS in most areas.

Guest coops

One question...what do you mean I "moved in FSX"? The default airport is KPHX for me and I have to change that to KJFK (or wherever my origin airport may be). Once I hit "FLY" it sends me to that airport and I haven't moved since. Just sitting there for hours and no change in the winds. Still at mag 14 and 0 kts where it fould be mag 280 at 16 with gust to 21. I hit refresh weather and it refreshes in ASX but no change in FSX. I have to be missing something here. Never had this problem with AS6 and FS9

Hi,Try this:Close FSX.Move your download interval to 15 minutes and turn on High Priority Processes. Save your settings.Start FSX and start a flight. Once at the flight screen open FSUIPC and click on the default settings and weather settings off buttons.Now see in 5 minutes what happens.Your settings are not the problem and there are no errors being generated in ASX.Thanks,