Sign in to follow this  
Guest coops

Asx Problems

Guest coops

I did...still the same.I know..it's frustrating. One more thing I want to share. I went to weather in FSX and I noticed the that User-Defined weather is checked. Next to it it talls me current conditions are clear with no wind. If I hit "Customize.." it shows me JFK with "All Weather Stations" checked and on the right the weather conditions are depicted correctly with the winds and clouds and temp showing exactly as they should be for JFK in ASX (winds are 306 at 16 knts and gusting to 21). If I hit advanced weather, it again shows me all the correct setting for winds and temp and clouds as they are in ASX. Now if I back out and check "A Specific Weather Station:", then JFK shows and all the weather changes to exactly what I am getting in FSX is I run it (winds calm out of mag 14). Even though I see "All Weather Stations" checked by default, FSX is showing me weather as if the individual stations button is checked. Any ideas? It seems like ASX is adjusting the weather for "All Weather stations" but not for the individual stations which is what FSX is showing.

Hi,I know this is FSX, but how far have you service packed FSX?

Guest coops
Hi,I know this is FSX, but how far have you service packed FSX?
I installed SP1 and then SP2.

And FSUIPC was reset to default settings and weather settings Off?I just ask again, because something is blocking that data and I am trying to figure out what.

Guest coops
And FSUIPC was reset to default settings and weather settings Off?I just ask again, because something is blocking that data and I am trying to figure out what.
Yes. Remember I only have the unregistered version FSUIPC. There are only three button -- Default, Clear all weather, and weather setting off. I pressed default and then weather setting off. Odd huh! Maybe I should purchase ASA and install that :)If you can think of anything let me know. Perhaps I may just need to uninstall ASX and Reinstall. Or do you think it may be FS9 with SP2 that is messing it up?I am running to the Gym for 45 minutes. I'll be back to check this then. Let me know if you found anything.

We like to leave reinstalls to the last resort, but if you would like to try.

Guest coops

Hi.. I found the problem. When I removed SP2 everything fell into place. SP2 was causing the oddities with my weather and now the correct weather displays almost instantaneously. Appreciate all your help here although this is confusing to me because I'm sure alot of other people have SP2 and are using ASX just fine

Hi,Glad you got this, but yes it is strange. First report of this caused by SP2. Wonder if you re-installed SP2 what would happen?Thanks,

Guest coops

Actually I am mistaken. It did not fix the problem. The origin airport was fine but by the time I arrived at the destination airport, it was the same old thing. Winds and weather were some random dipictation from the specific station setting and the global setting was acurate according to ASX weather parameters. Unfortunately FSX refuses to put the ASX setting into the specific stations and I am getting very frustrated. I have no choice but to uninstall everything and reinstall. Can you please tell me where the best place to get FSX patches

Guest coops

Hi Jim, I am trying to reinstall ASX and I can't find the license key anywhere in my emails. I don't remember where I got it from. Can you resend it to me?Order id: #229085

Hi,I can't post it here, but you can drop me an e-mail. I may be heading to bed. It's been a long day!

Guest coops
Hi,I can't post it here, but you can drop me an e-mail. I may be heading to bed. It's been a long day!
I sent you the email