Sign in to follow this  
Guest GAMER

I Just Realized Somthing.

Gary,thanks so much for your input!That looks very promising and if there is no risk I see no reason not to try.As I'm not a PC guru, I will have to analyse what you wrote and will give it a try if only my MD-11 produces OOMs to me.Thank you once again!Best regards,Rafal

Gary,thanks so much for your input!That looks very promising and if there is no risk I see no reason not to try.As I'm not a PC guru, I will have to analyse what you wrote and will give it a try if only my MD-11 produces OOMs to me.Thank you once again!Best regards,Rafal
Rafal, I may have been superlative in my statement

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Thanks, Gary!I will give it a deep study and make sure I know what I do step by step.First I have to follow Markus advice and buy more physical RAM (changing it from 2GB to 4GB).However...

You also must have FSX SP2 installed or Acceleration for the switch to be effective
...I'm using FS9 :( Best regards,Rafal

Thanks, Gary!I will give it a deep study and make sure I know what I do step by step.First I have to follow Markus advice and buy more physical RAM (changing it from 2GB to 4GB).However......I'm using FS9 :( Best regards,Rafal
Rafal, I doubt the switch will work for you being you are on FS9 unless you add the

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

I also do not recall hitting an OOM when I ran FS9 except where I had a memory leak caused by some add-on scenery usually landclass files (usually an empty texture folder somewhere). The 744 may just be putting you over the top on an otherwise unrelated memory issue being caused by something other than the 744 itself?
Oh it is very much possible to OOM FS9 even without a memory leak. Just use a PMDG plane, plus a big add-on hub airport, high res mesh terrain, 100% AI traffic, wide area scenery like UT, real weather by ActiveSky giving you lots of cloud layers, fly in VC... It's easy to OOM this combination on a 32bit OS even in FS9.For years I've used XP 64bit on FS9. One day somebody convinced me to use XP 32 because the drivers would be so much better and so on. So I did that... I got OOMs in FS9 all the time (using the add-ons mentioned above) until I switched back to XP 64.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Just use a PMDG plane, plus a big add-on hub airport, high res mesh terrain, 100% AI traffic, wide area scenery like UT, real weather by ActiveSky giving you lots of cloud layers
LOL, that's exactly my simming! :( But I must admit that after applying all possible cures (including cloud textures resize, AI textures resize and repair, AI flightplans repair, changing aircraft textures from 32bit into DXT3, AFCAD cleanup, landclass files cleanup, deleting empty texture folders, removing unnecessary addons, etc.) my OOMs are definitely much more rare now. Almost each PMDG 744 flight used to end up with OOM, and now only once in a few, so I'm really glad.I'm still using UTE snce it's such a great addon. I know it contributes to OOMS, but I can't resist using it. Europe looks terribly alien without it.And Gary, thanks again for your help. Yes, I'm using FS9.1 of course.Best regards,Rafal

The technical answer on what causes the OOMs is actually something known as User Virtual Address Space (User VA for short). Under normal conditions, XP or Vista 32-bit is limiting that to 2GB - this is what the /3GB switch raises. It's essentially the maximum memory that the OS can map a particular application's resources to. If you watch using something like Process Explorer, you'll see that FS crashes right when its process exceeds 2GB of User VA. Vista or XP 64-bit have a 16 exabyte limit. (that's over 16.7 million terabytes) It's gonna take us a while to reach that level lol...
hello Can I just ask what are The OOM s ? And why do we need more than 2 Go memory as when I see the processor and the OS working even with fs9 going on the status memory is apprently never going over 2 Go ? But for sur when I am flying on VATSIM or IVAO as soon there is traffic and a scenery with afcad or little more complex than only fs9 default the fps goes down fast ? I thought that havaing a 512 M memory graphic card This memory was able to manage all the fs9 nneds and the addons? I have Pentium 4 - 3 GHZ- XP SP 3 - GEFORCE 9400 GT 512 M0 memory - 2Go memory Do you advise me to better also have 3 Go memory ? And where we can set the things in fs9 and graphic memory to get the best results ? With the 737 I have less frames than with the B 747 ? Thanks for advisories RegardsPatrickSorry for my probably bad precise english

Can I just ask what are The OOM s ?
OOM = Out Of Memory errorThis is a typical error leading your FS to terminate by running out of virtual memory.Something you get with some complex addons, usually on final approach (hence it's so awful).Best regards,Rafal