Sign in to follow this  
Guest lorenz88

Oom Errors

Guest lorenz88

Good day everyone, I have Win Vista 32bit and an operative system with 4Gb of RAM. Very often it happens to me that while flying with MD11 or B747-400, obviously with FSX SP2, I catch a OOM, expecialy during cruise.I request your help to know what I should do to delete those errors and play FSX at an higher level (since now I have to set all indicators to a medium level to not get an OOM error even during taxi-out) :)So...should I upgrade to Win Vista 64bit? How can I gat the upgrade since I have the Home Premium Edition? I do not if it is important or not but I have a Dell PC.Thanks a lot for your help.Lorenzo Chiovaro

Guest lorenz88

No suggestion? I'm from Italy. I know that there is a form on Microsoft website to request a 64bit version of Vista but it seems that from Italy it is not working...could someone confirm this?Best WishesLorenzo Chiovaro

No suggestion? I'm from Italy. I know that there is a form on Microsoft website to request a 64bit version of Vista but it seems that from Italy it is not working...could someone confirm this?Best WishesLorenzo Chiovaro
Hello,Though I don't have Windows Vista, I recognize your problem with Windows XP Home, FSX and PMDG 747 X.On my system I solved it as follows:First of I changed my virtual memory settings to paging file size 126 MB on the system harddisk (C:) and 4095 on all the other harddisks. Initial and maximum size set the same amount. Furthermore I added the so-called 3 GB switch to my boot.ini file (via control panel--system--advanced--startup and recovery--edit (boot,ini file: add "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 3GB Switch" /fastdetect/3GB").Restart system with the 3 GB switch and problem solved. No more OOM's. Tried several long haul flights: no OOM's anymore!!!Part of this could perhaps help you. I'm not that familiar with Vista (as things look now, I never will; I'll skip it and jump right from XP to Windows 7 as time comes).By the way: to folks that doubt if the 3 GB switch is working with XP-home: it works!kind regardsDigger57

Good day everyone, I have Win Vista 32bit and an operative system with 4Gb of RAM. Very often it happens to me that while flying with MD11 or B747-400, obviously with FSX SP2, I catch a OOM, expecialy during cruise.I request your help to know what I should do to delete those errors and play FSX at an higher level (since now I have to set all indicators to a medium level to not get an OOM error even during taxi-out) :)So...should I upgrade to Win Vista 64bit? How can I gat the upgrade since I have the Home Premium Edition? I do not if it is important or not but I have a Dell PC.Thanks a lot for your help.Lorenzo Chiovaro
I experienced OOM issues in XP X86 Professional and used the switch as posted here:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1514686October I bought Vista x64 and have experienced a fair bit of trouble with it while using with the 744x My issues may be specific to my system as I run a 680 mother board which in my opinion is problematic.Consequently I have returned Vista to Microsoft asking for a rebate. In the interim I have ordered a copy of XP x64 not sure if it will be any better but generally I was not impressed with the bloated Vista.I have hopes that XP X64 will perform better for me with my system while I await Windows7 probably due out somewhere around 2010When Vista x64 did work it was far superior to XP X86 in performance.My advice would be to wait for Windows7 or find a copy of XP X64 which is hard to find now since it is no longer in production. In my case with my system and my experience with my system I would opt to continue to run XP x86 over Vista 64 using the switch above.Your results may vary.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.