Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

FS2002 Crashes only when using certain planes????

Guest Blueshockeynut

Okay, got one here for everyone, and this has happened over the last several weeks, when FFX came out with there new 737/727, just like everyone else i ran over and downloaded it, thru it into FS2002 so to say, and started to fly, now here is the craxy thing, did the same thing with there MD80 series as well. Start the sim up, go thru the process of getting a flight ready and pic the FFX, before i even finish taxing to the active, FS2002 crashes, no warnings, no nothing, BAM!!! Just drops and thats it, no error messages afterwards or anything, now last night I went to do a flight with one of the FFG 737-800s and the same thing happened again.Question is, has anyone ever see this happen, if so what might be the problem.Running WinXP Pro with the 41.09 drivers on an Nvidia MX440, 128meg.Let me know if anyone has any ideas and thanks.

First, I would try flying hard with one of the default aircraft to see if the same problem exists.Was the temperature hot in your area when you started noticing the problem. If so, maybe you have a heat related problem with your computer. Most modern BIOS have a computer health menu where the CPU and case temperatures are monitored. Try running your computer for awhile, then check the temperatures. If above 55deg C, then you may have a fan problem. Remove the cover from your computer, turn it on and see if all the fans are running. If you notice a lot of lint, dirt, etc., you need to do a little housecleaning. Remove the power cord from your computer, then gently remove the lint and dirt from your fans. Try to stay away from touching any circuit board chips.Other things that can cause CTDs are improperly installed drivers, older versions of drivers for your controller chips, sound, graphics adapter, etc. If you recently updated a driver, you may need to reinstall it again. Visit http://www.guru3d.com/ for good information on uninstalling/installing graphics drivers.Lastly, the downloads you made may have had fixes posted for the problems you are experiencing. I would revisit the download area and search for updates.

Guest Blueshockeynut

Mr.Sieffert,Thank you for the ideas above, but being a computer systems engineer for the last 15 years gave me the experience to look into alot of the items you listed above earlier in my issues with these specific planes. I have my own computer lab (i.e. the basement) setup with an average of 9 machines always on at once, everything in these machines get cleaned at least once a week, do the fact that i own 2 dogs that seem to shed on a constant basis, as far as my gaming platform goes that I use FS on, the machine in itself is rarely turned off and is always being monitored in so way, shape, manner or form. One of the things I am currently looking at is the drivers for the video card and have started to do some research on the guru3d website stated above, thank you for that, but like I said it only seems to be with these aircraft that I mentioned above, I can fly the PSS aircraft or the default aircraft for hours without any issues, I will also revisit the downloads sections and see if there are any updates I might have missed.Thanks you for your time.

don't know - but you could try moving your Hardware Sound Acceleration Level slider over to the left in DxDiag - or disable it in your soundcard control panel if possible.that basically solved my FS crashing with certain planes at random intervals problems - so it might be worth a try at leastgood luck anyway - cheers

>Question is, has anyone ever see this happen, if so what >might be the problem. One possibility that wasn't mentioned already is that some gauges are not particularly well behaved and will cause FS2k2 to crash under the conditions you've described.It this is the case, then searching the support websites for these a/c may yield some answers and/or fixes.Some gauges are so poorly behaved that they will cause FS2k2 to crash if you try loading them while in any view except the 2d panel view.

Guest seev_39

"...that some gauges are not particularly well behaved..."Must agree with that verdict. I had a problem with a download of a Cessna 152 that had one corrupted gauge (think it was compass) that caused complete shut down of FS2002 without any warning. Only after checking the added gauges ,by eliminating them one by one, I found out what happened. Even worse, the new corrupted gauge was overwriting the good one.Since then I decided to download less new aircraft and only from sites I trust. I don't HAVE to try everything that is offered - freeware or payware. I believe that like myself, most simmers fly only two or three a/c. All the rest are for creating your own AI traffic, so why download so many?Seev

Your lucky having a basement. I have my main computer on the second floor of my house, in Orlando, FL. Needless to say, I have to run it with the cover off.

Guest Rockcliffe

>I had a problem with a download of a Cessna 152 that had one corrupted gauge (think it was compass) that caused complete shut down of FS2002 without any warning.

Guest Blueshockeynut

Thanks for the help everyone, I going thru the panels i currently use in these planes and am taking a closer look at all the gauges now, just to be sure, apprecaite the time and the comments with this small problem.W. Sieffert, the basement is about the only thing in the house i can truly call my own, the wife calls it the "dungeon", all my computers and hockey memoriablia are all down there.

Guest Dominik Mann

I've been having a similar problem after I installed the FMA IA-58 Pucar