Sign in to follow this  
scoochy

Clickable Cockpit Plus Ir Led And Wii Remote

I've made up a snazzy glove with a push button on the tip and an IR LED attached. By using the IR camera in the Wii remote, and freely available software on the web, any clickable cockpit can be used with the finger, instead of moving the mouse.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLkfx6QxLfgThe video shows me using it in Black Shark by DCS, but over the weekend I fired up FS9 and was also able to click away in my cockpit, without using the mouse. For me, this really ups the immersion factor, and when used with TrackIR, gave me the ultimate flying experience.

ok, I am in and have like 5 wii remotes....How do I get one of those puppies???Please!-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest hma
I've made up a snazzy glove with a push button on the tip and an IR LED attached. By using the IR camera in the Wii remote, and freely available software on the web, any clickable cockpit can be used with the finger, instead of moving the mouse.
Well I am VERY, VERY interested. How do you do it?Hugo

Very interesting except for the glove you have to wear in your flight simulator. Dont know too many pilots that wear those. Kind of like taking 10 steps forward in immersion and then taking 8 backwards when you put on the glove. IMO. Possibly more of a gimmick than real immersion progress. All in all pretty cool but the price needs to be cheap and not $150.00. You never know what is coming from the Wii next. LOLVery ingenious, but the glove will get in the way of touching the real buttons on my controllers. Stop and think about it for a minute.

Very interesting except for the glove you have to wear in your flight simulator. Dont know too many pilots that wear those. Kind of like taking 10 steps forward in immersion and then taking 8 backwards when you put on the glove. IMO. Possibly more of a gimmick than real immersion progress. All in all pretty cool but the price needs to be cheap and not $150.00. You never know what is coming from the Wii next. LOLVery ingenious, but the glove will get in the way of touching the real buttons on my controllers. Stop and think about it for a minute.
Personally, i have no issues wearing a glove to turn all of my monitors touchscreen but that is just me. :) Just tell me where to sign up :)As for price, I would think competitive with Track IR is appropriate but again, that is just me... :( Pure genius from my perspective but with TOUCH PC's available now, ala HP how long before touchscreen is the norm?-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Very ingenious, but the glove will get in the way of touching the real buttons on my controllers. Stop and think about it for a minute.
The only remaining parts of the glove are the wristband, and the single index finger. The palm is cut away so you can still feel the stick, and the remaining fingers and thumb are also removed.I would agree, placing an entire glove on the hand would be a drawback. This is the reason why I eliminated as much of the glove as possible, while still being able to wear it comfortably.Hopefully in the next revision, I will be able to reduce the size of this.

Agreed. Ingenious. So tell me how we are supposed to pick our nose while we fly now? :(And BTW, If I were you, I'd mail myself a prototype,,, registered mail. And then don't open the box. Might help you with copyright issues later. I believe you have a hit.....

And BTW, If I were you, I'd mail myself a prototype,,, registered mail. And then don't open the box. Might help you with copyright issues later. I believe you have a hit.....
I don't think the device can be claimed. A very short search on Google gave me the solution and now it seems to me that only the construction of the switch in a gloves finger can be original. On the found site, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~johnny/projects/wii/, the soft- and hardware author uses an "IR diode stick with switch".The combination, however, of the idea of Mr.Chung with the virtual cockpit of a simulator is very good thinking of Scoochy and it's great!Regards,Hugo

forget the glove thingy....any aircraft that requires that many switch setting just to start up - forget it (and the USSR wonders why it collapsed)it least I can strike BlackShark off my must-have list

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

forget the glove thingy....any aircraft that requires that many switch setting just to start up - forget it (and the USSR wonders why it collapsed)it least I can strike BlackShark off my must-have list
There is a quick start method as well, one that follows the same line as MS Flight Sim's for start up and shut down of the helicopter.....

Wow, that's very clever. (Sort of a 'McGyver' adaptation). I figured it would only be a matter of time before someone applied this to simming. I think it would really make the VC even more immersive. Think of using it with your FMC. I'll be watching progress on this one. Sure they'll work the kinks out (like the glove thing), even so I would try it.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit