Sign in to follow this  
Guest Stamatis

ATC Approach Vectors

OK, somebody please explain this:I'm flying into LGA and approach vectors me to the ILS rwy 9R. They announce 'Clear ILS rwy 9R, maintain 2100 until established on the localizer'. I'm all lined up when they hand me off to the tower. When I call him up and report inbound ILS the tower says 'enter left downwind 27L' followed by 'cleared to land 27L number two follow the A321 on the runway'. Does that make any sense? Keep in mind this was FS2002 default ATC.Cheers,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest RonB49

What weather are you using? It seems to me that it happens least often when using the default MS/Jeppessen real weather download. It happened to me a lot when I tried to define my own weather (I never figured out how to make global and local weather cooperate). R-

What's probably happening is that the weather is updating again from a source nearer the airport and the wind directing is coming from a different direction so the runway direction changes. I use active sky and this sometimes happens, so I make sure to use the "force" option to prevent this problem.-Todd

Guest Stamatis

"Alright, I looked through and found what appears to be a similar option where you can punch in your destination and it only gets their weather from 60 miles and in and then supposedly will prevent this."Still, if a new METAR for KLGA happens to load during your approach time, you may again encounter the same behavior.Problem is that FS Approach will not change vectoring to a different runway, even when surface winds change during the approach. In such a case, the change of runway will be announced only by Tower.Stamatis