Hello all,As with any new release, we are expecting increased traffic load on all our systems. We've been expanding and fine tuning our server systems for years, making things more smooth each and every release, so we think that this new release (ASA) should go pretty smoothly.HOWEVER, please keep in mind that there most likely WILL be some issues experienced for at least some customers. This can be on the shopping site, the main website, the download mirror sites, the weather service sites, etc. Normally, release-time traffic loads persist until approximately 72 hours after release, when things start to settle down.If you experience any issues, please keep all this in mind and retry things a few minutes later. If you simply can't get things to go through, you may need to wait another day until traffic settles down.Likewise, due to release-time increased activity throughout the company, support requests may be slightly delayed. We're also real close to Christmas here which we observe, and this may cause an additional delay. Please have patience with us and we promise to handle each and any support issue as quickly as possible.Thanks all!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hi Jim and Damian,As you know, been a Active Sky user for a long time. I did the upgrade from ASX to ASA everything went well and like others the weather depiction is fantastic. However I am for the first time getting a out of memory error on a system with 4GB of memory. I used the default settings of "priority processing". I have never received an out of memory error before with ASX. Of course as you can tell I am running FSX, sp2 on a Vista system. What can be the problem. I am running LDS 767 with Radar Contact. As I said before, never had a problem with ASX same configuration, nothing has been changed or added.Appreciate your views on what could be the problem. For now I had to uninstall ASA and go back to ASX.Bob Johnson

Guest firehawk44
Hi Jim and Damian,As you know, been a Active Sky user for a long time. I did the upgrade from ASX to ASA everything went well and like others the weather depiction is fantastic. However I am for the first time getting a out of memory error on a system with 4GB of memory. I used the default settings of "priority processing". I have never received an out of memory error before with ASX. Of course as you can tell I am running FSX, sp2 on a Vista system. What can be the problem. I am running LDS 767 with Radar Contact. As I said before, never had a problem with ASX same configuration, nothing has been changed or added.Appreciate your views on what could be the problem. For now I had to uninstall ASA and go back to ASX.Bob Johnson
I upgraded too with a system similar to yours and have not suffered the infamous OOM error yet with ASA enabled. Did you also run BCDEdit to enable the "increaseuserva=3072" (as an example) switch (like the /3GB switch for XP users)? It's not required with a 64bit Vista OS. I set mine at increaseuserva=2048 because I have two 768mb 8800GTX video cards which take up a lot of memory address (from the 4GB). Also make sure you have your virtual memory settings for your OS set at "System Managed Size". Lastly, about the only way to resolve this problem is to either upgrade to the 64 bit OS or lower your FSX.cfg sliders a bit more. I have autogen completely turned off. I hope you can get your problem resolved.Jim Young

Not so fast, Jim-I just completed a test and indeed there appears to be a problem with ASA. I too have never had an OOM on my homebuilt, ever. AMD 6400+ dual core, 4gb with userva=2560, Vista32 business, all sliders medium.From KSEA to LAX in the stock Lear with ASA running, task manager shows beginning memory usage at 1.5gb and over the 3 hour flight, memory usage slowly creeps up and my system crashes at 2.23gb usage about 100 miles north of LAX.Same flight with stock weather loaded, starting memory is 1.3gb. I'm coming into LAX as we speak and TM shows memory usage at 1.67gb and all is well.If you're doing short hops, you're never going to see this problem and this may be the case with others, I don't know. I'm sure the guys at HiFi are aware of this and are probably working on it.Mark

This may be a real problem just waiting. I uninstalled ASA and ran ASX on my flight from KLAX to KDFW had NO problems no OOM errors with the LDS 767. I think that Jim and Damian really need to take a look at this one. The only real question is Priortiy Processing is this the root cause of the problems. That function is not there on ASXBob