Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Multi Crew Experience

you may have seen this link on the avsim front pagehttp://www.multicrewxp.com/I have downloaded and installed the program twice. both times when mce links to fsx it does not allow the ability to switch aircraft from the one selected at bootup. furthermore, I cannot get the program to accept my input for my microphone. I'm trying to use a button on my saitek yoke. the mce menu screen recognizes a button, but when pushed, nothing happens...in other words when I ask my co-pilot to begin the checklist, for example...nothing occurs. I do know the mce voice works because I hear it when I boot the program. I also know that I have gone through the voice recogniition program successfully.Do you have any experience with the program that might lead me to some resolution. btw, I did not find any answers on the mce website. thanks...Sherm

Hi Sherm,I am using this for FS9 so I can't offer any advice on the FSX install issue but I might be able to help with a little more data.When you say MCE won't accept your mic input does that mean you can't see the test panels when you first start up after starting FS? There is a selection box in setup that allows you to do a test on every start if you choose. If it is running, do you see the VU meter moving? Or is it that nothing you do or say is ever recognized... let me know we can figure this out.Next, with checklists, make sure you have printed the lists and when you request a checklist start you do not have to depress the mic button. When you use checklists you may want to have the printed version in front of you first as responses are important to the copilot. also, start eac checklist call with very specific calls, for example: "Before start checklist please." or "before taxi checklist." Remember you can just say this without depressing the mic button you have assigned.Lastly, I too have a Saitek yoke and found that you need to un-assign the button you are using for MCE in FS.. I am using button 11 I think... I have it set to cycle views and simply un-assigned in FS and problem solve..Just FYI, with the knowledge of the FS++ team, I have started an UN official fan forum. We are just beginning but already have some tips and tricks there. you my go here to check out the topics and you my sign up if you wish.Here is the URL: http://rainbird.heavenforum.com/I hope this helps and if not contact us over at the unofficial fan forum and we can help get you answers!Best, Jeff

Thanks, Jeff... I see all the test panels. i went through voice training successfully and hear a runthrough audio segment when I load FSX. thanks for the tip on the button assignment. I'll try thatI'm a bit busy for the next couple of days, but when time permits, I'll reinstall and see how things go. Again, thanks and thanks for the lead to the forum, too.Sherm

Guest Pittnuma
Hi Sherm,I am using this for FS9 so I can't offer any advice on the FSX install issue but I might be able to help with a little more data.When you say MCE won't accept your mic input does that mean you can't see the test panels when you first start up after starting FS? There is a selection box in setup that allows you to do a test on every start if you choose. If it is running, do you see the VU meter moving? Or is it that nothing you do or say is ever recognized... let me know we can figure this out.Next, with checklists, make sure you have printed the lists and when you request a checklist start you do not have to depress the mic button. When you use checklists you may want to have the printed version in front of you first as responses are important to the copilot. also, start eac checklist call with very specific calls, for example: "Before start checklist please." or "before taxi checklist." Remember you can just say this without depressing the mic button you have assigned.Lastly, I too have a Saitek yoke and found that you need to un-assign the button you are using for MCE in FS.. I am using button 11 I think... I have it set to cycle views and simply un-assigned in FS and problem solve..Just FYI, with the knowledge of the FS++ team, I have started an UN official fan forum. We are just beginning but already have some tips and tricks there. you my go here to check out the topics and you my sign up if you wish.Here is the URL: http://rainbird.heavenforum.com/I hope this helps and if not contact us over at the unofficial fan forum and we can help get you answers!Best, Jeff
Apologies for resurecting an old thread but would you know if MSE supports LVLD767 on Win7 (64bit) running FSX?Have you tried FS2Crew at all? (The 1 thing I do not like is the fact you have to follow a preset script in FS2Crew) so I was wondering how this compares.With MSE do you have to follow a script or can you calll out in any random order your request? Not yet tried the demo version I was hoping for some user feedback first before I install.RegardsDarren

Apologies for resurecting an old thread but would you know if MSE supports LVLD767 on Win7 (64bit) running FSX?Have you tried FS2Crew at all? (The 1 thing I do not like is the fact you have to follow a preset script in FS2Crew) so I was wondering how this compares.With MSE do you have to follow a script or can you calll out in any random order your request? Not yet tried the demo version I was hoping for some user feedback first before I install.RegardsDarren
I'm trying out mce at the moment and I'm quite taken with it since it greatly adds to the immersion level. You are able to create your own checklists so you can order it however you like, but once it's defined the checklist is followed in that order. You can skip items and pause/restart checklists.It supports multiple checklists for each stage of flight, e.g before start, before taxi, after landing etc.Try the demo, it's very good and their support is absolutely first class, they were responding to numerous requests I made over the weekend very promptly.The only current weakness with the product is support for add on aircraft that bypass the standard fsx sdk without providing an sdk for developers to access the aircrafts features. The level d 767 is well supported since it has an sdk.I have asked the developers to look at fsuipc to provide functionality for add on aircraft since it now provides a way to identify and access custom panel variables and controls via lua scripts. If this is done the potential of the product will be amazing.Best wishesSteve

Stephen Munn

Guest Pittnuma

Thanks,I also emailed them and have a lengthy detailed helpful response.My new headphones/mic arrive tomorrow, I have now downloaded the demo and will be trying it out.As I say my only issue is having to stick to a script. But I shall try the demo first like you. They have stated the FMC is not at present activated via voice, but do not see that being a problem.

The only thing we did not implement (although technically possible) is for co-pilot to handle FMC via voice commands. For the rest, every single dial or button can be activated by the co-pilot.
I shall give it a go myself, let me know how you go.Have you come across any checklists for the LevelD767?I am just waiting for activation to the forum here. http://rainbird.heavenforum.com/RegardsDarren

Darren,The newer FS2Crew Voice versions are less script bound than the previous versions and are generally much more flexible. But since we're trying to model realistic airline flying, which is scripted, FS2Crew is also scripted in large measure. There's no getting around it.Also, FYI, I'm coding a Level-D 767 "Voice Commander" version of FS2Crew as we speak if you're interested in the Level D 767, which is a great plane. ETA: sooner rather than later.Cheers,Cheers,

Guest Pittnuma
Darren,The newer FS2Crew Voice versions are less script bound than the previous versions and are generally much more flexible. But since we're trying to model realistic airline flying, which is scripted, FS2Crew is also scripted in large measure. There's no getting around it.Also, FYI, I'm coding a Level-D 767 "Voice Commander" version of FS2Crew as we speak if you're interested in the Level D 767, which is a great plane. ETA: sooner rather than later.Cheers,Cheers,
Hi,Thanks for the heads up Bryan. I had heard you were considering voice command on the FS2Crew module.I am VERY keen on the LvLD767, it is all I fly as a rule, with the exception of some VFR flying around the UK in light a/c & gliders. The point I like about MCE is the ability to flick/turn every switch dial & knob at a voice command (with at present the exception of the FMC) and the ability to tweak the checklists (not every carrier is the same after all) & the worry I had about FS2Crew was the adherance to the script that I have heard mentioned in reviews.Interesting to hear the ETA is sooner rather than later. Will your module allow the copilot to program the FMC? This would really help on the LONG flightplan inputs of 10+ pages it's a bit of a norm for me!When you say less script bound? Sorry how do you mean? I Presume I can change headings/heights/flick a Xover pump on when ever I want without scripting issues? Could I do those via voice on FS2Crew, will every switch etc be voice controlled? How does it handle unscripted issues? ie FL375 sudden decompress? Would that throw it out of sink as you would head for 10,000ft very quickly without saying much if anything for a minute or so maybe only emergency oxygen?However Voice command is the only way to go in my opinion for these complex a/c, I find especially with TrackIR hitting a mouse on a heading bug which is moving whilst turning onto base leg talking to ATC, adjusting your height, dealing with the fact ATC have converged you on a course with a 747 on finals meaning a go around, telling the wife "no her bum does not look big in that" and throwing the ball for the dog because she looks sad and lonely is a bit much!RegardsDarrenPittnuma

Guest Pittnuma

Quick run down on the demo of MSE.So far....First impression, the voice reading back commands can be a bit jerky and clipped.It is recognising a lot of my commands, the lag between asking and setting can be a bit high though.Pitt

Quick run down on the demo of MSE.So far....First impression, the voice reading back commands can be a bit jerky and clipped.It is recognising a lot of my commands, the lag between asking and setting can be a bit high though.Pitt
Hi Pitt,You can adjust the rate and pitch of the co-pilot voice, not to mention replacing the voice altogether.You can perform speech training using the supplied aviation related scriptsClick Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Speech training.Note that the FMC part was left out mainly because the device is a hands-on thing. You will hardly hear a captain telling his co-pilot, to press the left select key one. But if you have a particular voice command in mind, please submit it and we shall oblige.Geral ReillyOn behalf of the FS++ team

Guest Pittnuma

Ahh, can you change the voice? How, presume I would have to d/l? I only have Anne in the drop down.When I say clipped I mean when it accepts/answers etc maybe the first part will be missing.I have run throught the first 3 training.Affirmative might sound like a clip sound then mative Darren

Ahh, can you change the voice? How, presume I would have to d/l? I only have Anne in the drop down.When I say clipped I mean when it accepts/answers etc maybe the first part will be missing.I have run throught the first 3 training.Affirmative might sound like a clip sound then mative Darren
Is your machine over-clocked?

Guest Pittnuma
Is your machine over-clocked?
No it's stocki5 750[edit]The voice Anna as shown on mine is the only available 64bit voice that si why it is the only 1 showing. :(From a brief search on google there are other voices available from $45 upwards. Which is steep!
Beginning with Windows Vista and Windows 7, Microsoft Anna is the default and only English voice. It is a SAPI 5-only voice and is designed to sound more natural than Microsoft Sam. [2] Microsoft Streets & Trips 2006 and later install the Microsoft Anna voice on Windows XP systems for the voice-prompt direction feature. A Chinese voice called Microsoft Lili is available in Chinese versions of Windows Vista and later. Microsoft Sam, Microsoft Mike and Microsoft Mary do not work on Windows Vista and later, but can be installed using third party programs.
DarrenPitt

No it's stocki5 750[edit]The voice Anna as shown on mine is the only available 64bit voice that si why it is the only 1 showing. :( From a brief search on google there are other voices available from $45 upwards. Which is steep!DarrenPitt
$45 would probably get you on of the most expensive ones, like "Daniel" the co-pilot voice heard in this Vid
Checkout this link for many other voices. You can even get a couple of voices for $35With so much competition, voices will only get cheaper. http://www.nextup.com/?gclid=CMTtye64gqICFR9k4wod2Cd_Zg Gerald ReillyOn behalf of the FS++ team

Guest Pittnuma
$45 would probably get you on of the most expensive ones, like "Daniel" the co-pilot voice heard in this Vid
Checkout this link for many other voices. You can even get a couple of voices for $35With so much competition, voices will only get cheaper. http://www.nextup.com/?gclid=CMTtye64gqICFR9k4wod2Cd_Zg Gerald ReillyOn behalf of the FS++ team
Ah right, something to think about if I go down this route. I see what you mean about speed, that changes the speed of the voice.Glad to see very little if any FPS drop is discernible. Is there anyway of speeding up the time between me telling it a command and it executing that command?I need to sort the voice, It's not right, it's intermitant at best & prone to missing bits out.