Sign in to follow this  
patcal

I Have Lost My Water

I have all of a sudden lost the water in the Portland, OR. area. The Willamette and Columbia Rivers are just gone. I did nothing. This morning they were there and now they are not. I have looked at my scenery library but I am not sure where to start.Pat

Pat Callaghan
AMD FX-8350 4.0ghz. Asus M5A97 MB
16gig Crucial DDR3 ram, Radeon HD-7970 Video
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

I have all of a sudden lost the water in the Portland, OR. area. The Willamette and Columbia Rivers are just gone. I did nothing. This morning they were there and now they are not. I have looked at my scenery library but I am not sure where to start.Pat
I have no idea why you would have "lost" those rivers but perhaps the following will help you restore them.Rivers around the Portland area are most likely stored in one of two files which start with the letters HP or ST (not sure which one is the correct one).Those letters will be followed by 915150.bgl - i.e. HP915150.bgl or ST915150.bgl.They will be found in your: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\Namw\Scenery folder.I suggest restoring both of those files from your install disks.These resources will be helpful in that regard:http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.htmlIt shows where everything is on your install disks and how extract just what you need.I also recommend fs9cddir.zip Compiled by Brian Collins (available here in the library)This is an Excel format listing of all the files on your install disks. A great resource to keep handy.Data for many rivers and lakes is stored in those files so I expect you actually lost more than the Columbia and Willamette - if the files are missing or corrupted.Hope this helps - keep us posted.

Thanks guys appreciate the help. My water is back.Pat

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Thanks guys appreciate the help. My water is back.Pat
What did you end up doing to get your water back?

David, I ended up re-installing UTerrain which got my water back. After that, I uninstalled UT and still have water.Pat

What did you end up doing to get your water back?

Pat Callaghan
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit