Sign in to follow this  
Guest kwilson

Megasceneryearth

Guest kwilson

Well here it is. The much awaited new product from pcaviator and megascenery. It looks like it isn't streamed though. You seem to have to download it first but you can choose the area you want (USA only at the moment). http://www.megasceneryearth.com/

It looks very nice but at $.01/sq mile and the USA being approx 3537441 sq miles...that is a whopping $25,374.41. Hmmmmm????

Well here it is. The much awaited new product from pcaviator and megascenery. It looks like it isn't streamed though. You seem to have to download it first but you can choose the area you want (USA only at the moment). http://www.megasceneryearth.com/

You get to pick and choose the 'tiles'.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ya, I get it...for the low and slow crowd it looks like some very beautiful scenery.

You get to pick and choose the 'tiles'.

It looks like a mammoth project which has barely even started! Looks like it's going to take them years to complete. But hey, the Galactic Empire wasn't built in a day!It looks like it's not cheap either. A rough estimate of the Utah area I saw (70% of the entire state) ran into about $150.This will be a long term project which has curious implications for those who doubt the medium term future of the franchise.Good luck to 'em.Mike.

Mike Beckwith

Yahoo-exactly what I wanted! This has been an exceptional week!

Though the few areas I would want are not expensive I have to hesitate in purchasing because so little is accomplished. Not only that, but looking at the photos I can see the aerials are not color matched which brings a few other questions to mind.Going to have to wait on this one.

Well, the cat finally figured out how to get out of the bag...It has promise, but there is not much there! I'll wait to see how long it takes to start filling in those huge empty spaces :(

MegaDreams Earth might be a better title at this point :) I wish them luck, I'll buy some local areas when/if they come online.

Though the few areas I would want are not expensive I have to hesitate in purchasing because so little is accomplished. Not only that, but looking at the photos I can see the aerials are not color matched which brings a few other questions to mind.Going to have to wait on this one.
I just bought the Salt Lake area (4 tiles). I noticed the price lowers slightly the more tiles you get and was given a free bonus area of next to Mt. Ranier...The coverage appears slim-but if you look at what they have right now it is larger than all of their past titles combined which each sold at least initially for around $25 each if I recall. So really what you are getting is megascenery-but not the area they have chosen to do but the one you want-again exactly what I have been wishing for.I will be glad to just get my complete state where I fly 95% of the time in the sim. I see they have it half done-though the wrong half for me. :(

I just bought the Salt Lake area (4 tiles).
Can you post some screenies in this thread Geof? :(

Mike Beckwith

Can you post some screenies in this thread Geof? :(
It is late here and I am not sure but it may take the whole night to get them. If in the morning no one has posted and I finish the download I will for sure post some shots. If for some reason one finishes before I go to bed I will also!

Guest Alphahawk3

I purchased 2...Wash state...and they gave me one for a total of 14 bucks....don't know what size these files are though. It says on their web site that if the file is 500 meg it will take ...long at 5m/b connection....if the file is 1gig...it willl take twice as long......if it is 2 gig...well you know. So I am guessing some of these squares could be 2 gig! I use Free Download Manager...which I think is good and it is downloading at 585kb/s and it usually shows the size but not in this case and it shows 0% downloaded even though I have already downloaded over 700 meg.Edit: Well I have now downloaded over 2 gig for 3 tiles...and it is still going. I am sure I will enjoy this...at least I hope so but at 14 bucks no big deal. I am flying low and slow with FTX and enjoying it...hope soon to be flying low and slow using MegaScenery Earth...just I am still not able to enjoy any of this where I would like to fly...in TN. I guess the thing I see with this MegaScenery Earth I have to say....even though I may wind up liking it...it is going to be massive in size......and if this is the answer..."What was the question".

I purchased 2...Wash state...and they gave me one for a total of 14 bucks....don't know what size these files are though. It says on their web site that if the file is 500 meg it will take ...long at 5m/b connection....if the file is 1gig...it willl take twice as long......if it is 2 gig...well you know. So I am guessing some of these squares could be 2 gig! I use Free Download Manager...which I think is good and it is downloading at 585kb/s and it usually shows the size but not in this case and it shows 0% downloaded even though I have already downloaded over 700 meg.Edit: Well I have now downloaded over 2 gig for 3 tiles...and it is still going. I am sure I will enjoy this...at least I hope so but at 14 bucks no big deal. I am flying low and slow with FTX and enjoying it...hope soon to be flying low and slow using MegaScenery Earth...just I am still not able to enjoy any of this where I would like to fly...in TN. I guess the thing I see with this MegaScenery Earth I have to say....even though I may wind up liking it...it is going to be massive in size......and if this is the answer..."What was the question".
The download seems to be huge-but at least it is downloading and at a reasonable rate. Didn't have the same experience with another <ahem> product recently.I am not sure low and slow is important-the photoreal scenery looks great also at high altitude.The important part to me is the "real" part of photoreal.I've flow a lot in Tenn. -what part are you?-expect to be there in a few days..

Guest Alphahawk3
The download seems to be huge-but at least it is downloading and at a reasonable rate. Didn't have the same experience with another <ahem> product recently.I am not sure low and slow is important-the photoreal scenery looks great also at high altitude.The important part to me is the "real" part of photoreal.I've flow a lot in Tenn. -what part are you?-expect to be there in a few days..
Geofa, I am in Columbia...a little town south of Nashville...by any chance are you going to Nashville to play in the symphony there? I thought I saw somewhere that is your profession...might be wrong on that though....anyway Nashville does have one of the best halls in the country and if you beleive the media...in the world.