Sign in to follow this  
Guest kwilson

Megasceneryearth

Geofa, I am in Columbia...a little town south of Nashville...by any chance are you going to Nashville to play in the symphony there? I thought I saw somewhere that is your profession...might be wrong on that though....anyway Nashville does have one of the best halls in the country and if you beleive the media...in the world.
No -no work-vacation-nice to hear that about the Nashville hall-I think our new music director has something in common. I have landed in Mccminville (spelling?) several times which I think is near there. Great airport, cheap fuel, and nice fbo.I'll be in Knoxville though-trying to get out of this -20 degree stuff where I live..

To give you an example of the size of the downloads, I have the VFR photo scenery from Horizon simulations and that covers England and Wales only, fully installed its around 75 Gigabytes. How many times can you fit the UK into USA? you are going to be downloading for the rest of you life on a slow internet connection :(

Cheers, Andy.

To give you an example of the size of the downloads, I have the VFR photo scenery from Horizon simulations and that covers England and Wales only, fully installed its around 75 Gigabytes. How many times can you fit the UK into USA? you are going to be downloading for the rest of you life on a slow internet connection :(
VFR Photorealistic Scenery for the 58,000 square miles of the whole of England and Wales is now available for $179.99. That's about $0.003 per square mile. Megascenery is "as little as $0.0025 per square mile" so it's comparable in price However, The UK coverage is available on disc at that price but Megasecenery seems to double its price from $7.49 for the download to $14.98 for the disc. I read their website to mean that they haven't yet started on the rest of the world outside the USA. So far their coverage is about 0.3% of the world's land area so they still have a long way to go.Is this really the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself?

FWIW, it seems that the more areas you purchase at once, the lower the price becomes. Their website says purchase 3 at $7.49, and the 4th one is only $6.49.I just ordered ALL the Colorado ones...15 of them in all. The price for EACH of them then came out to only $4.99 each...AND they threw in the Washington one for free. So I got all 15 Colorado ones and the Washington one for a total of $74.00. Downloading now.I'm gonna try something crazy after the downloads complete. I'm gonna load up my cart with all the Chicago and Michigan ones. I don't know right now how many separate orders that would be, but it should be over 15. I'm wondering if the price per section will even get lower with more purchases at the same time. If not, I can always delete them from my shopping cart without purchasing them.FalconAFEDIT: LMAO!!! They sent me SIXTEEN separate emails...one for EACH of the 16 areas I ordered. Each email had a separate link in it for the individual area download. Even though after I made the purchase, it took me to my account download page with all 16 areas listed with the download links. DUH!

Rick Ryan

Guest Silverbud
FWIW, it seems that the more areas you purchase at once, the lower the price becomes. Their website says purchase 3 at $7.49, and the 4th one is only $6.49.I just ordered ALL the Colorado ones...15 of them in all. The price for EACH of them then came out to only $4.99 each...AND they threw in the Washington one for free. So I got all 15 Colorado ones and the Washington one for a total of $74.00. Downloading now.I'm gonna try something crazy after the downloads complete. I'm gonna load up my cart with all the Chicago and Michigan ones. I don't know right now how many separate orders that would be, but it should be over 15. I'm wondering if the price per section will even get lower with more purchases at the same time. If not, I can always delete them from my shopping cart without purchasing them.FalconAF
If you r a millionaire, plz do unload some of your unnessessary money to the fs community gamers =D i wish i could spend like 80 buck like this in add on. even if photoscenery are my favorit addons, i can t afford it.

Guest JimC1702

I may give Massachusetts a try. I will definitely buy New York State when it becomes available. Jim

"Is this really the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself?"For me-yes. I will finally be able to get the part of the world I fly in in much greater reality. It will probably take a while for those not in the US to get theirs though.I just flew around Mt. Ranier-simply spectacular-photoscenery with autogen!

Guest Silverbud

jeeez Geofa this look gorgeous !

"Is this really the most exciting development in flight simulation since Flight Simulator itself?"For me-yes. I will finally be able to get the part of the world I fly in in much greater reality. It will probably take a while for those not in the US to get theirs though.I just flew around Mt. Ranier-simply spectacular-photoscenery with autogen!
Wow I see nothing like that in Florida, Clear is some areas yes, but the colors are washed out in many areas. This is in the the Florida 002 tile Orlando-Kissimmee. Also the detail is inconsistent, no doubt from the source of the data. I see this in Google Earth as well. I will say the data is upto date within a year. I could see all the new developments in my area.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Wow I see nothing like that in Florida, Clear is some areas yes, but the colors are washed out in many areas. This is in the the Florida 002 tile Orlando-Kissimmee. Also the detail is inconsistent, no doubt from the source of the data. I see this in Google Earth as well. I will say the data is upto date within a year. I could see all the new developments in my area.
Post a shot so we can see.

By the way-I did not accept their settings in the install-I always found in the past I didn't like the looks.Here are 2 shots of Salt Lake city rather low down-still downloading the others.

Why couldn't they just release Mega NYC like they said they would 2 years ago.The wait continues. :(

Geof,Could you please post a night shot of the same location please.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

If you r a millionaire, plz do unload some of your unnessessary money to the fs community gamers =D i wish i could spend like 80 buck like this in add on. even if photoscenery are my favorit addons, i can t afford it.
Like I said in an earlier post above, just because a developer makes something available for public consumption, there is nothing to say it has to be AFFORDABLE for the MASSES. They only have to sell enough units to cover the costs of production, and make a profit.If YOU can't afford it, oh well. But that's no reason to get on somebody else's case if they can afford it. Nobody's twisting your arm to purchase any of it.And whether any of MY money is necessary or not is none of your business...nor for you to judge.FalconAF

Rick Ryan