Sign in to follow this  
Guest lingfors

Loss Of Haze In Asx Still Not Fixed In Asa

Guest lingfors

In the middle of my first test flight with ASA (networked configuration):ESPA-ESMSVERAG UT31 HMR UL87 TONSA UN850 RASMUFL380LDS767DOF 22 December 20080900zVisibility settings the same as in ASX:Minimum Surface 0nmMaximum Surface 50nmMaximum Upper 50nmAfter less than 30 minutes in the air, the nice haze that limits the visibility and makes the ground disappear into the fog below me disappears. Using FSX, I could usually get the haze back after refreshing the weather in ASX, but I'm not 45 minutes into the flight (15 minutes since I lost the haze) and the haze hasn't come back. I've refreshed ASA weather multiple times.Let me remind you what I asked you a few weeks ago, and what you answered:

Q: [...] have you managed to get rid of the loss of haze that occasionally occurs in ASX?A: [...] We have had no reports of loss of haze in ASA during our testing phase.
What can we conclude from this?Eithera ) My network is not correctly set up.b ) HiFi's testing is severely lacking (it took me 30 minutes to see something undesirable that never showed up in the beta testing?)c ) HiFi is lying to their customers to boost their sales.(I very strongly believe that this issue is a bug in the FSX weather engine that's not trivially solved. However, had I known this issue was not solved with ASA I probably hadn't payed $30 for it, since this issue aside, I was fairly satisfied with the weather ASX provided me with.)So... What is it HiFi? Is it an issue with my network setup? Or is alternative b or c closer to the truth?(Images to be uploaded after completed test flight and some sleep.)Fake edit: The haze just returned, 52 minutes into the flight... And disappeared 10 seconds later. Still not back 57 minutes into the flight.

Hi,What Visibility options are you using at the top of the visibility screen in ASA?Thanks,

Guest lingfors

[*] Fog Layer Generation[*] Disable Haze Layer[ ] Enable Visibility Graduation and SmoothingJust realized that I had went into the settings and changed some things mid flight without restarting ASA. So I restarted ASA mid flight. Haze came back at first, but disappeared again 1-2 minutes later. Might have to do some more testing where ASA is started before FSX, and no settings are changed mid flight.

[*] Fog Layer Generation[*] Disable Haze Layer[ ] Enable Visibility Graduation and SmoothingJust realized that I had went into the settings and changed some things mid flight without restarting ASA. So I restarted ASA mid flight. Haze came back at first, but disappeared again 1-2 minutes later. Might have to do some more testing where ASA is started before FSX, and no settings are changed mid flight.
We have never had a 'loss of haze' or anything even remotely similar reported during an extensive beta testing stage.Please enable visibility graduation and smoothing, this is highly recommended.I'd also like to know much more about this problem you are having... please contact our support department with details, perhaps screenshots, and definately some logs, and we will do whatever we can to identify and solve the problem for you ASAP.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest lingfors
We have never had a 'loss of haze' or anything even remotely similar reported during an extensive beta testing stage.Please enable visibility graduation and smoothing, this is highly recommended.I'd also like to know much more about this problem you are having... please contact our support department with details, perhaps screenshots, and definately some logs, and we will do whatever we can to identify and solve the problem for you ASAP.
I tried the graduation and smoothing options first. I got a very nice overcast at the departure airport, but once I was airborn my FPS dropped to 4 FPS. Plus it's not very realistic (overcast was as far as eyes could see, but should really only be above the airport according to neighbouring airport METARs.This is what I want:2008122352847568copyzt4.th.jpgThis is what happens after a while in the air (approx. 30 minutes last flight):200812234547233copymm4.th.jpgI'm sorry for the poor quality screenshots. I'll try to do another testflight in a few hours, using real-time weather (above is using weather from a little less than 24 hours ago), and send logs and screenshots to... Where?Edit: This also happened in ASX but not quite as often, and most of the time you could get the haze back within a few minutes. In ASA, after I lost it the first time, I could only get it back momentarily for 1-2 minutes, then it disappeared again for 10-15 minutes.

Hi,Let your data go right to damianc(AT)hifisim.comThanks,

Hmmm, is the visibility clearing as you climb, is this what you would like to prevent?If so, please try the maximum visibility sliders down to about 39SM or even 29sm, try experimenting there which should give you the reduced visibility look you desire.Best,

Damian Clark

Guest lingfors

With ASX, it could occur pretty much any time. Climb, cruise or descent. Definately not only during climb. Only one flight with ASA so far, but I lost the haze after I had reached cruise altitude (FL380).

Guest lingfors

Going to redo the flight with ASA running on FSX computer, and see if there's any remarkable differences from running ASA over the network.

Hi again,Did you reduce your maximum visibility slider to 39sm?Is this slider not operational for you? We still have not received any email from you with details. It would most likely be much more effective for you to send your logs and details to damianc at hifisim.com so that I can directly investigate and troubleshoot with you.Best,

Damian Clark

Guest lingfors

Still in my test flight with ASA on FSX computer, and ASA has behaved beautiful with the settings already mentioned. And no noticable loss in FPS. I wonder if the same would have been true for ASX. If so, I can't believe I've spent all this time trying to run ASX on a secondary computer... Of course, more testing is needed to be sure, but so far it's starting to point in the direction of the network, or a faulty installation of ASX/ASA on the secondary computer.Anyways, you have my permission to remove this thread if you think it's too negative. I will continue to test both with local config and networked config as soon as I have the time, and send you logs and such when I have any problems. But it's unlikely I will have much more time for that until after new years...

Thanks for the update, and glad things are working good for you now.We won't move this, not too negative ;), rather I hope it shows that we are very concerned with our user's experience with our products and want to do everything we can to offer solutions.I look forward to your email with further information should this problem show up again. It certainly is strange that for you it only happens (so far) on a networked configuration. FWIW a majority of development testing and approximately 40% of our beta test team uses networked configurations as well, so this appears very isolated. Would like to see you able to run without problems on the network, and experience the benefits that offers. Thanks in advance for your logs/details.Best,

Damian Clark