Sign in to follow this  
Bigmack

Upgrade From As6.5 To Asa

I run AS 6.5 on fswide machine, if the purchase to upgrade, your instructions says I cannot install on the FS computer??? Or do I have to uninstall 6.5 before installing ASA or will it overwrite 6.5???Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Guest lingfors

If you want ASA on your FS computer, just install AS6.5 there first? ASA will not overwrite any old AS installation afaik, but I believe the installer for the upgrade packages check the registry for previous AS version.

Hi Bill,Thanks for the purchase!Yes, you need ASv6.5 installed where you want ASA to end up. When everything is installed, you can uninstall ASv6.5. Nothing will mix together.Thanks,

Yes, you need ASv6.5 installed where you want ASA to end up. When everything is installed, you can uninstall ASv6.5. Nothing will mix together.
Jim,.... and ASG can remain installed? I have:1. main FS computer with FS9, FE and GEII Pro installed2. secondary computer with ASv6.5 and ASG installed (WideFS, registered)So, if I read this correctly, I should install ASA on my secondary computer, then uninstall ASv6.5 which will not affect ASG? "Graphic snapshot" will save textures (or settings) that are currently installed on the FS computer from all three addons?Can I keep ASv6.5 installed? Can I use both (not at the same time, of course!)?Thanks!Active Sky sure has come a long way since it's first incarnation in the good old FS2002 days. :(Well done and congratulations on the new ASA! Regards,Jure

Hi Jure,No, ASG is embedded into ASv6.5. So, if you are interested:Install ASA on the client machine.With ASA process a group of snapshots. Each snapshot takes about a minute. Those textures will come from ASG.Now, either leave ASv6.5 installed so you can process new snapshots down the road, or uninstall it.Yes, both programs can be installed at the same time!I hope this answers your questions. If not, just post here. I'll be around all day.Thanks!