Sign in to follow this  
pscharff

Problem With Asa Upgrade From Asx

Hello,I've installed ASX on my PC. The installation folder is D:\FSTools\ASX.Now I've started the ASA upgrade installtion, but there appeared the following error:"ERROR 202 - Upgrade egilibility check failed. ASX MUST BE INSTALLED ON THIS MACHINE."As I said, I have installed ASX. How can I run ASA now?Thanks,PatricEdit: Now I've tried to install ASX into the default installation folder, but the same problem occured.

Hello,I've installed ASX on my PC. The installation folder is D:\FSTools\ASX.Now I've started the ASA upgrade installtion, but there appeared the following error:"ERROR 202 - Upgrade egilibility check failed. ASX MUST BE INSTALLED ON THIS MACHINE."As I said, I have installed ASX. How can I run ASA now?Thanks,PatricEdit: Now I've tried to install ASX into the default installation folder, but the same problem occured.
Hi Patric,We've had one other report. We think that it's due to a certain problematic installation package (that has been long since fixed) that you may have had archived which you installed, which did not contain a certain file needed for ASA Upgrade from ASX eligibility. The solution would be to install the latest ASX update from http://www.hifisim.com/support.php then do the ASA installation afterwards.Please let us know if this fixes it for you? Thanks, and we apologize for any inconvenience.Best,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hallo Damian,Thank you for your quick answer.After installing the SP4 for ASX everything works fine.Patric

Damian,Sorry for jumping in. I do have ASX in a client computer (and ASV in the server PC where I have FSX). I will get ASA later today. Do you foresee problem with the upgrade? I ask this because I understand that some sort of elegiability certification has to be done. Also what do you recommend? Can I install ASA on the client PC or it would be more convenient to install ASA on the PC where I have FSX (and FEX and REX)? Thanks and I wish all the success with this new release!Merry Christmas.Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Damian,Sorry for jumping in. I do have ASX in a client computer (and ASV in the server PC where I have FSX). I will get ASA later today. Do you foresee problem with the upgrade? I ask this because I understand that some sort of elegiability certification has to be done. Also what do you recommend? Can I install ASA on the client PC or it would be more convenient to install ASA on the PC where I have FSX (and GEX and REX)? Thanks and I wish all the success with this new release!Merry Christmas.Edmundo
Hi,You can install it wherever ASv6 or ASX is installed, the check is done at installation for a valid installation of the 'upgraded product' on that machine. As using a networked configuration offers certain benefits I'd recommend doing this on the client non-fs machine.Thanks and Merry Christmas!Best,

Damian Clark

Hi Damian,Many thanks for your prompt reply!Looking forward to geting ASA later today!I will install it then in the same PC (client) where I do have ASX. Yet I am a little confused about the "Snapshot" funcionality. Because I have REX and FEX installed in the server PC, is that OK, I mean, will this new funcionality work fine with this configuration? All the bestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Hi Damian,Many thanks for your prompt reply!Looking forward to geting ASA later today!I will install it then in the same PC (client) where I do have ASX. Yet I am a little confused about the "Snapshot" funcionality. Because I have REX and FEX installed in the server PC, is that OK, I mean, will this new funcionality work fine with this configuration? All the bestEdmundo
Yep! The snapshots are taken within and stored within FS itself. As long as your graphics add-ons are installing textures into FS, and you have your shares setup to access FS folder (of course!) then you are good to go. Just setup your graphics however you want and take a snapshot. Rinse and repeat a few times so you have a good selection in different wx-influenced categories (like Snowy, Clear, IMC, etc.) and now they can be used with full wx-influenced integration with ASA.Best,

Damian Clark

Yep! The snapshots are taken within and stored within FS itself. As long as your graphics add-ons are installing textures into FS, and you have your shares setup to access FS folder (of course!) then you are good to go. Just setup your graphics however you want and take a snapshot. Rinse and repeat a few times so you have a good selection in different wx-influenced categories (like Snowy, Clear, IMC, etc.) and now they can be used with full wx-influenced integration with ASA.Best,
I recall FSBuild needs the path to the snapshot file. Will it update weather situation from ASA now?Thanks,Dirk.

I recall FSBuild needs the path to the snapshot file. Will it update weather situation from ASA now?Thanks,Dirk.
Hi, it should.. I cannot confirm as I haven't tested it myself but we made it a point to provide backwards compatibility all the way back to ASv6. The snapshot file is certainly there.Best,

Damian Clark