Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiFi Folks,I had FEX originally and changed to REX when the FEX weather engine failed to eventuate. Can you please explain what the advantage I may obtain from upgrading to Active Sky Advanced may be? I note that ASA doesn't include textures and uses other Add-ons for this purpose but what does ASA provide that either FEX or REX may not?Many thanks.Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,Thanks for your interest.Please take a look at this page: http://www.hifisim.com/asa_feature_compare.php. There are probably 100+ different things that ASA does that previous products (including ASX) and competetive "weather engines" do not. Some of the main items are listed on this feature comparison page.If you're interested in high fidelity weather, then ASA will fit the bill. On the other hand, if you are not really interested in the complexity of realistic weather planning, data feedback and depiction, use of graphics add-ons with full weather-influenced capability, advanced wake turbulence simulation, realistic planning and briefing information, dual fs9/fsx integration, dual wx data gauge, drag and drop weather control, new smoothing of vis and winds, etc., it may not offer much for you.Best,

Hi there,Thanks for your interest.Please take a look at this page: http://www.hifisim.com/asa_feature_compare.php. There are probably 100+ different things that ASA does that previous products (including ASX) and competetive "weather engines" do not. Some of the main items are listed on this feature comparison page.If you're interested in high fidelity weather, then ASA will fit the bill. On the other hand, if you are not really interested in the complexity of realistic weather planning, data feedback and depiction, use of graphics add-ons with full weather-influenced capability, advanced wake turbulence simulation, realistic planning and briefing information, dual fs9/fsx integration, dual wx data gauge, drag and drop weather control, new smoothing of vis and winds, etc., it may not offer much for you.Best,
Damian,Thanks for the reply. I had looked previously looked at the HiFi Comparison table but as it says there, "Competitive Product", I couldn't be sure you were directly referring to REX/FEX. I also believed that other users may have wanted this reply.Again, thanks.Paul