Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

Asa Released!

Active Sky Advanced is hereEnjoy!:--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Review? Any good?
:( Haha!!!!Give us the time to install it first!! :--))))))))))

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Review? Any good?
As Tony the Tiger would say its Grrrrrrreeeaaaaat!!! :(

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

How is it on framerates? I found ASX for some odd reason would drop my fps significantly on approach consistently every time, while default weather and REX wouldn't. I know others with ASX that don't see that though so I have no clue what causes it.

How is it on framerates? I found ASX for some odd reason would drop my fps significantly on approach consistently every time, while default weather and REX wouldn't. I know others with ASX that don't see that though so I have no clue what causes it.
It's alot better. I am able to bump my traffic and graphic settings up a little more then I usually kept them at.And I run on an old box.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

After trying it out for a couple of hours now, I have to say ASA is outstanding - it adds a new level of realism to FSX. ASA delivers, get it - you won't regret it a second.

To be a little more detailed: I am using it with REX textures. REX weather engine was kinda letdown, especially for users with a non-english version of the OS (it didn't work at all). And they, in my opinion, completely screwed the handling of visibility. But their textures and skies are top notch. So, ASA puts their textures to good use. It's a pleasure to fly with real weather using ASA.The next plus is how ASA handles wind and turbulences. FINALLY, the issues with those sudden wind changes in FSX are solved. Entering clouds and feeling the turbulences is an experience of its own. Those things that weren't right in ASX seem to be completely fixed, the fog layer simulation is beautiful.ASA and FSPassengersX are the best xmas presents for flightsimmers :-)

Guest Nick_N
Thanks darem!
BRAVO... BRAVO!I dont comment very often about addons but dang it, you really pulled it off this time

Can't do anything but agree...what a week and what a Christmas holiday this will be for all us FS nerds :( After buying Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang, ASA and FSPassengers X and on top of all that a pair of Raptor disks I guess I will have to live on bread and water the next couple of weeks but still with a big smile I'm sure :( Merry Christmas all fellow flightsimmers!

Richard Åsberg

Can't do anything but agree...what a week and what a Christmas holiday this will be for all us FS nerds :( After buying Flight1's Cessna Citation Mustang, ASA and FSPassengers X and on top of all that a pair of Raptor disks I guess I will have to live on bread and water the next couple of weeks but still with a big smile I'm sure :( Merry Christmas all fellow flightsimmers!
I'm with you-and now I have to actually socialize the next fews days while these great things sit unused on my computer!

I'm with you-and now I have to actually socialize the next fews days while these great things sit unused on my computer!
Oooh, that can be so hard to do sometimes, especially with new toys on the computer.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I never really warmed to ASX, it never seemed to work correctly for me, especially as ASv6 was so good. I put it down to FSX just not being up to it.But i have to say after having spent all day with ASA its absolutely outstanding. It gives me more confidence to make the permanent switch to FSX, especially with the Round the World Race coming up in February

Harv.png?dl=1