Sign in to follow this  
boergej

Asa Stops Working After A Few Seconds - Half A Minute Or So ...

Hi.I have ASX installed on my PC. Now I have downloaded an upgrade to ASA. The downloaded ZIP is named ASA-Upgrade-ASX.The installation went well without any problem. But when I launche the program (ASA) it stops working after a few seconds. And I see the following message in ASA:"Backwards Compatibility ASv6 Check/Copy problem: En del af stien (some part of the path) 'F:\FSX\Modules\ASv6\ASv6.exe' blev ikke fundet (was not found)."Please observe that my upgrade is from ASX and not from ASv6. Therefore there is no ASv6.exe in F:\FSX\Modules\ASv6\. What can I do to solve the problem?(ASX is still working very well).My name is Boerge and my order number is #229435

Hello!I need help - please - from some HiFi person regarding the problem described in the above post. I would like to get the program that I bought hours ago to work.RegardsBoerge

Hello!I need help - please - from some HiFi person regarding the problem described in the above post. I would like to get the program that I bought hours ago to work.RegardsBoerge
Hello, after looking things over, it appears that you had ASv6 installed but removed it, but the registry key remained. ASA is attempting to copy a special version of ASv6.exe for backwards compatibility with some add-ons into the path specified by your old ASv6 installation, but the folder apparently no longer exists. To fix this, please either remove your registry keys for ASv6 (HKLM\Software\HiFi\ASv6) and re-run ASA, or manually create the folder currently specified (FSX\Modules\ASv6) and re-run ASA.Please confirm if this solves this for you?Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Hello, after looking things over, it appears that you had ASv6 installed but removed it, but the registry key remained. ASA is attempting to copy a special version of ASv6.exe for backwards compatibility with some add-ons into the path specified by your old ASv6 installation, but the folder apparently no longer exists. To fix this, please either remove your registry keys for ASv6 (HKLM\Software\HiFi\ASv6) and re-run ASA, or manually create the folder currently specified (FSX\Modules\ASv6) and re-run ASA.Please confirm if this solves this for you?Thanks!
Hi again.Info for hifi55.Cleaning up my registry for "old ASv6" registration information did the trick. Now ASA seems to work. The program loads and everything looks OK. I haven't yet tried it in FSX.Thank you very much for helping meRegardsBoerge