Sign in to follow this  
Johan_Dees

PSS Airbus A321 - Delinquent Tendencies!

Guest wizard01

I first noticed that my PSS A321 (I purchased the PSS Airbus Series soon after it was released; I have been delighted with it ever since) 2/3 weeks ago when it took a liking for crashing into the hills around Naples Airport (Rwy 24 Approach), that episode was sorted when I purchased a 'full set' of Jeppesen Charts. All went well for about 10 days; when suddenly! the MCDU started adding a (TC) immediately after the Dep Airport into my manually entered Flight Plan?? - "Not me Guv.!" said the A321 testily, "it's that there Computer thingy". Anyway, I thought it would sort itself out once I took off; hehehe! 'no way Pedro'- after turning on the AP the MCDU sent the aircraft off in circles looking for Waypoint (TC), to make matters worse the airspeed was 'racked' to 295 kts apparently trying to get up to an Alt of 1895' ASAP :) - I hear you say "try the DIR" - yep tried that, an A-P was inserted into the Flight Plan, but the MCDU was in 'hot pursuit' of the fictitious (TC)and would NOT be sidetracked in it's furious endeavous! So I gave up and closed FS down.Since then I've tried 3 more times with the same result. It's as though some sort of 'bug' has got into the MCDU system. Btw, this trouble came when I started trying to do CATIII Landings from and to EHAM Airport.One other smaller problem that is new, to me anyway, is the the Speed Brakes have started to deploy when I ARM them before Take-Off.I would appreciate any help on these problems.Ken

Have you tried contacting PSS with your issues? I have the PSS Airbuses and have no trouble like that. The biggest trouble I have gotten into was having to much fuel, pax, and bags. The aircraft uses all the runway and then some. Your lucky if you even get it off the ground.Anyway, enough about me... If all else fails, maybe you will have to reinstall it. Reinstalling could clear up a conflict that you maybe having with some other files. Have you installed anything else that may cause a conflict in the last 2-3 weeks? If so, then you could try removing that first.Crashing into the hills is nothing new. When on a IFR flight plan, ATC will tell me to desend which causes me to crash into hills if I do not listen to the pull up voice. Did you hear the computer to tell you to pull up?Best advice would be to go to the PSS forum. Maybe someone has expereince the same thing. But atleast PSS will be able to assist you there....

Guest wizard01

Hi yellow5,PSS Forum! Well, maybe that's a clue as to what the problem is :) - I intended my Post to be on the PSS Forum lol; perhaps it's overwork or just plain careless.Thanks for your reply, I don't use FS ATC - my ATC flying is done with VATSIM.Ken